ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much heeing and hawwing over whether or not to make a build thread, I decided to just go with it. My car already has a fair amount of junk on it, but I'll be updating things as I add new stuff and cool activities.

One of my main inspirations for building up a fast fun miata is Beck's M1027.

The car's name comes from Nadesico prince of darkness, and the whole shebang of it being a black robot with a red robot underneath (because I had a red NA).

Pic related
I'm still a poor starving college student, but I try to make do and am always on the hunt for sikk deals.

My NB is an 01 6 speed LS with...

Suspension & wheel stuffs:
Racing beat 1.250 front bar
Chikara Motorsports CP1 coilovers
FFD Motorsports evo 1 15x8 +32 with 205/50/15 direzza z2
Enkei RPF SBC 15x8 +28 with 205/50/15 re71r
Wilwood dynalite bbk

Other stuff:
Personal neo grinta 330mm
Momo prototipo 350mm (both on qr's)
Miataroadster shortshifter
Revlimiter sunstorm gauge faces
Owensfab xbrace rollbar with harnessbar
Blackvue dr650gw 2ch
35w 5000k ddm tuning HID
CSF aluminum rad
Tapturn signal flasher
Aliexpress switchback LEDs
Phillips taillight and rear signal LEDs
Rear NA side marker lights
ISIS 2.5" headerback
loads of stickers
GV eyelids
Chikara motorsports titanium magnetic oil drain plug
Project G hardtop wing

I'm hoping to get my car insured by the end of next week, and install some more parts I have standing by, but here's some photos while we wait together.

Follow me on instagram: ddmx5 for more pics of dumb ****, or selena_mx5 for car stuff only.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found out its supposed to snow a lot this weekend so... gonna hold off on insuring my car for now. Instead I did some mockups on what some na sideskirts and a wing would look like on my car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okokok time for an update.
Placed insurance on her yesterday (fucking rate hike, thanks ICBC) and today I mounted up my spare bumper that I had cut over the winter, as well as test fit on one of my new wheels.

Thanks, Ly

I also determined that the hella supertones i bought can't fit subie style in the mouth of the car if I still want to make room for an intercooler. soooo now I'm torn now between installing them in the foglight openings, or in front of the driver side wheel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great looking car zplusa1.
Amazing the difference those light eyebrows make. Very sharp.

Cheers,

Guy
Thanks man!

Nice! How do you like the ISR exhaust?
It's quite loud and droned a lot on the highway, especially when you are between 2.5-4k which happens to be pretty near highway cruising speed. Autocross definitely concerned me with it as it definitely blows over 92db (the local limit for clubs around me). I had a friend of mine weld up a baffle that quiets it down to a reasonable level though.

any plans on selling the ffd wheels?
Not quite yet, I do have a good amount of people local that would be interested though so I don't think I'd have a problem if I changed my mind.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's quite loud and droned a lot on the highway, especially when you are between 2.5-4k which happens to be pretty near highway cruising speed. Autocross definitely concerned me with it as it definitely blows over 92db (the local limit for clubs around me). I had a friend of mine weld up a baffle that quiets it down to a reasonable level though.

I assume you dont have the cat? Hows the smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I assume you dont have the cat? Hows the smell?
As far as I know there isn't a bolt on option to keep the cat for the ISR exhaust due to the cat being integrated into the midpipe for the NB, but that may have changed since when I bought mine it was still branded as ISIS. Car definitely smells when sitting at a stoplight for a while, or coming to a stop after a drive not all that much different from when I was running a cobalt catback on my NA with a T3 test pipe. It definitely gets a lot of attention if that's what you're after though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As far as I know there isn't a bolt on option to keep the cat for the ISR exhaust due to the cat being integrated into the midpipe for the NB, but that may have changed since when I bought mine it was still branded as ISIS. Car definitely smells when sitting at a stoplight for a while, or coming to a stop after a drive not all that much different from when I was running a cobalt catback on my NA with a T3 test pipe. It definitely gets a lot of attention if that's what you're after though.
Okay cool thanks! Just curious because last time I tried catless on my NB, the smell was overwhelming...may have been because I had a leak somewhere, but it wasn't very pleasant.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
DOPE. My next Miata will be black.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

Got my pair of sparco Revs in, along with my LRBspeed aluminum doorcards. However, when taking my stock door cards out the lock switch trim shattered :(.

Not sure where else to find one now, as mazda only sells them new with an entire new lock switch, which I don't need.

I also switched back to my stock exhaust. The ISIS exhaust blew out both gaskets during my last track day, and to be quite honest I was a little tired of how much the thing droned on the highway anyways. Comfortable cruising is way more relaxing than what it used to be.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.