ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What:
SOCALM's biggest meeting of the year. ANYONE CAN ATTEND, WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE A MEMBER.
If you attend only ONE meeting in the year, this should be it! Our annual meeting is where we vote on club officers for the year and hold a big raffle of Miata parts donated by vendors.
At the very least, you will see a lot of Miatas in the parking lot at the meeting! That's what got me hooked 10 years ago this year.

When:
Saturday, January 13, 2007, 10am ? 1pm

Where:
Mazda North American HQ
7755 Irvine Center Dr.
Irvine, CA

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7755+Irvine+Center+Dr,+Irvine,+CA

Directions:
Exit 5 at Alton Parkway and turn left (from the 5 South, you will first turn right onto Enterprise).
Turn right onto Gateway.
Turn right into Mazda.

SOCALM website:
http://socalm.org/

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and anyone can attend this?
ANYONE, EVEN YOU!

:mrgreen:

SOCALM is down for the count due to attrition and no new members joining. They would almost PAY people to come to their meetings and DRIVING events.

If you guys were into it, if every CR.net member in SoCal coughed up the $25 annual dues, in a year from now, you'd be able to put together a slate of candidates and literally take ownership of the oldest and once largest and most prestigious local Miata club in the world. There are many perks to be had, being on the home turf of Mazda's HQ in Irvine...

A friend who's a SOCALM and CR.net member offered to nominate me for President of SOCALM at the meeting Saturday (which is very flattering), but I've got my hands full with my business and getting one of my cars running.

Come to the meeting on Saturday and think about joining SOCALM and injecting some new blood and reviving what used to be a very cool club, but is now a shrinking Liesure World retirement community:

http://new.socalm.org/Board_Members.html

~Bill

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
i`d be down for that too, lets show some Clubroadster love by caravaning together to the event..we could all meet up somewhere and come in style.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Re: 1/13/06 Saturday 10-1 pm SOCALM Miata Club annual election and raffle meeting in Irvine, CA

damn eh, 9 am IN irvine ? lol id have to leave at like 8 am. i dont' think i've woke up before 10am since i've been down in LA.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: 1/13/06 Saturday 10-1 pm SOCALM Miata Club annual election and raffle meeting in Irvine, CA

Pussies!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
c'mon folks. let's do this. at the very least, there's a raffle!

oh, and if we really want to take over SOCALM, we should discuss what we'd like to do to SOCALM and how to make it more popular, esp amongst the CR.net-type.

·
Registered
440 Posts

If I only didn't have to go AutoX.
Darn! #-o

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts

To make the event even more tempting, it's held at the exact same location as the Irvine Cars & Coffee carshow which happens every Saturday from 7-9am. Come out, see some SERIOUSLY exotic/rare cars at the carshow, then attend the SOCALM meeting immediately after the carshow finishes.

I'm planning to attend the Cars & Coffee carshow with the Atom, then attend the SOCALM meeting right afterwards. =D>

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

8)

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts

To make the event even more tempting, it's held at the exact same location as the Irvine Cars & Coffee carshow which happens every Saturday from 7-9am. Come out, see some SERIOUSLY exotic/rare cars at the carshow, then attend the SOCALM meeting immediately after the carshow finishes.

I'm planning to attend the Cars & Coffee carshow with the Atom, then attend the SOCALM meeting right afterwards. =D>
Sweet! Great idea. OK, revised plan:

How about meeting at Best Buy at Tustin Marketplace 8:30, leaving at 8:45, and hit the C&C @ 9 so we have an hour to check it out before the SOCALM meeting?

Map:

http://tinyurl.com/vpcgx
BAD IDEA! You need to plan it so that you get there by 7am not 9am. If you get there at 9am, you'll be pulling into the parking lot just as the Cars & Coffiee carshow is fizzling out. Please plan to arrive by 7am! I know it's super freakin' early--but it IS worth it!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

OK, fudge it. I ain't gettin' up that early.

No caravan, we'll just find each other in front of the Mazda HQ or the parking lot across the street where the C&C weekly car show is.

Here's their website FYI: http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/

My cell is 714-724-2220 if anyone wants to connect with me.

~Bill

1 - 20 of 28 Posts