ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
439 Posts

·
Banned
439 Posts
Hell, there are even quite a few fully built 1.6s that don't make 300rwhp (which I have no idea why not to be honest).
I'm one of those. I just haven't put on the big turbo....yet. I'm still seeing how much I can force out of the Greddy TD04H-15G. 280whp currently...still shooting for 300whp just to say I did it.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I'm one of those. I just haven't put on the big turbo....yet. I'm still seeing how much I can force out of the Greddy TD04H-15G. 280whp currently...still shooting for 300whp just to say I did it.
From what you've shared with me about your setup, what else could do do? Intake manifold? Compression bump? Cams? Extremely polish the head?

I think that turbo is just out of steam. Too much head work or a higher redline will out flow it even further. You'd need to find different ways to increase power. 10:1 compression could probably do it with your meth injection.

Supertech makes a 10:1 in std +.020 and +.040 1.6 piston
Where? I only see 10:6:1 or 8:xx or 9:xx s

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, yeah, you're a different case (I'm on dfwmiata, so I've seen your threads there). I meant the full on builds with "real" turbos. And I'd probably do the same thing if I started with a Greddy kit, so I fully salute you on that one.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Well, yeah, you're a different case (I'm on dfwmiata, so I've seen your threads there). I meant the full on builds with "real" turbos. And I'd probably do the same thing if I started with a Greddy kit, so I fully salute you on that one.
Nice....stalkers everywhere. :p

I'm hoping to have the big snail in by next yr. Then 450whp until that starts feeling slow. B-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
439 Posts
From what you've shared with me about your setup, what else could do do? Intake manifold? Compression bump? Cams? Extremely polish the head?

I think that turbo is just out of steam. Too much head work or a higher redline will out flow it even further. You'd need to find different ways to increase power. 10:1 compression could probably do it with your meth injection.
I'm not touching anything else until I get the bigger turbo. Till then I will keep tweaking the tune till I find the absolute limit of the 15G, and hopefully that will be >300whp.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts