ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
will this work? because i have a 96 1.8 at least that is what it is suppose to be.
it has a 1.8 vlave cover,intake crossover tube but the intake itself looks to be a 1.6.went out to my 92 and the intake on the 96 looks exactly the same as the one on the 92(which is a 1.6l)

will post pics in just a few mins.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok here is some pics

97 m edition intake

intake on the 92 1.6l

intake on the 96 1.8

both in comparison

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're obviously not the same

.....this is obviously troll thread and I fell for it :(
eehh STFU and move on. and obviously i know what a 1.8 looks like,everthing points to the 1.8 except that intake.
i have owned a 97 m edition(1.8L) and a 92(1.6l) and now this 96(1.8) just saying....did they change the design of intake in 97 or do all (94-97) 1.8l intakes all look the same?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
I think the early obd1 1.8 intake manifolds were different than later models. Perhaps one was put on your 96?

1994:

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Or you could have a really early '96 before the switch over to obdII?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the early obd1 1.8 intake manifolds were different than later models. Perhaps one was put on your 96?
ok ty stormin', your intake looks like the one i got.see i was wonderin if the changed design or not,hmmm i wonder which is better the early years or later years intakes for the 1.8

·
<3s Malaking Puwit.
581 Posts
All intake manifolds for the 1.8 NA (94-97) look the same. There might be a little bit extra for the OBD II (96-97) cars though, with the exception of the really early 96 models.

The intake manifold from the "97 m edition" is actually from a 1.8 NB. I believe its from a 99-00.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah lol duh i had a blonde moment,the 97 m had a 99 head swap lol and intake....my wife had to remind me of it:) hehe.too much reefer i guess lmao.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The first intake pic you posted is for a 99+ head. The flange is different, totally different design, two piece manifold, vics etc. The 1.6 and 1.8 NA manifolds are different, but subtly. IAC valve on the 1.6 gives it away, along with the longer neck near the throttle body.

Edit: Well there ya go, beat me by a minute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts