ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ninja of Ninja's
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It needs a driver fender a pass door and the 3rd light needs to be wired but it pulls pretty hard.. oh and needs a tune up lol
117k on the odo too

·
Ninja of Ninja's
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I was driving safe... But it began to snow and I hit ice and spun n spun n spun..... Came to a safe stop in the emergency lane lol then I started again going 35 behind a snow plow and then a hill came and I came to a stop..... Start going again! Almost to my hotel destination and I spin a 2nd time which was fun cuz I was drifting back n forth for like 250 feet n then I stopped put it in the emergency lane called the insurance and left it lol ill be back in a week or so for it when the snows gone.....

On the good side Omg the turbo is sick lol

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
Cliff notes:

Yesterday: Yay, I bought a Miata! Pics coming soon!

Today: My car is sitting in the middle of nowhere, **** it. I might post pictures when it thaws out.

·
Ninja of Ninja's
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Ninja of Ninja's
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didnt feel like getting out the real camera when i got home so i just used my phone today so sorry for the shitty quality...

but heres the mythical creature ive been talking about :)
drove 300 miles today to get it home and not a single problem, took the legacy this time so i could tow it out if i got it stuck this time :)

and the car does need a wash ill get to that another day lol

IMAG0081 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0082 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0083 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0085 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0091 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0086 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0087 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0096 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0084 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0098 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

IMAG0097 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

so yes she exist's and on the 16th im getting a mega squirt and a tune so i can finally beat on it a little bit :)

and yes the car was repainted it used to be white when i looked at it i didnt know cuz it was night time when it hit day i noticed..... so kinda sorta this is my 3rd white miata lol
also the FL fender is jacked up and the passenger door is pretty jacked but they are cheap fixes and the car was only 1800 :)

·
Ninja of Ninja's
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i changed the oil and brake fluid yesterday and i gave the car a little more of an over look trying to find my vaccum leak... found my vaccum leak which was on the turbo just needs a clamp and one of the injectors isnt seated properly....

now this is what i found in the windshield washer resivoir.... the resivoir was filled with alchohol...

IMAG0099 by Nickwild7, on Flickr

the PO turbo'd the car with the stock ecu and and then went about adding this contraption...
far left is the hose that gave the alchohol its path to my intake tube, the peice in the middle is a pressure switch that had the coal canister air hose attached to it so when it recieved air pressure it would close the circuit turning on the fuel pump on the right which was in my washer resivoir... now why did he do this? to suppress the detonation instead of retarding the timing till he got an ecu..

plans for the car: installing megasquirt this weekend, removing the butcherd wiring harness and installing a new one and finding and fixing the rest of this cars rat nest of a nightmare lol

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
So the alcohol was injected into the intake tract? Unless it was sprayed as close as it could be at very large volumes into the actual cylinder, this was not to raise the octane. You would need a LOT of methanol for this to do anything related to octane. You would need to spray something like 10%+ of your total fuel system in some form of direct injection.

He was using that instead of an intercooler. If you are removing it, you should get an intercooler asap. You will be blowing a ton of hot air into the engine without some form of cooling the charge. Any det resistence was from the cooler charge.

·
Ninja of Ninja's
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He was using it to supress detonation so I removed it and retarded the timing till I have it tuned this weekend..
And yes he drilled a hole into the aluminum piping just before the intake manifold so I removed it and put mighty putty over it and it runs fine..... For the most part lol
It dies alot on start due to retarded timing and no back pressure because he welded a flex pipe to the headers and slid the down pipipe into it.. so its almost like having just headers lol
So I'm installing my old exhaust doing the ecu and the engine harness lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts