ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just looking for some help here, hopefully someone else might has encountered this problem. Ever since i did my 1.8 swap into my 1990 miata my car has been running hot temp gauge go's up to about 3/4 of the way but only at idle as soon as i rev my engine or start driving it goes back down to about half way. I already tried the usual new thermostats already tried 2, radiator cap is brand new, even went ahead and put in a koyo racing aluminum radiatior and still hast fixed it, only thing now is im wondering if i routed the hoses wrong from the thermostat housing 2 the back of the block anyone have a diagram of the back? I remember plugging one up back there dont remember why though. like i said weird thing is i start it and let it warm up and it will stay at halfway then after i drive it and come 2 a stop light it goes up to about 3/4 of the way so i have 2 sit at every stop light with my foot on the gas so it goes back down. hope 2 figure it out thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Why did you plug a coolant outlet? You should probably start with posting pictures of how you coolant system is currently routed...then we can tell you what to do to fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts