ClubRoadster.net banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
You can also do some block filling to support thin cylinder walls. I did this to great effect on an overbored 1.8.
GOOD CALL. Was so worried about all the other aspects, completely forgot about that option! good call! I've install Hardblok brand into multiple BBCs, and SBCs. effective.

A 1.8 swap would be cheaper and net the same HP with a cam swap.
please see the following two quotes:
you must have missed the first 1/3 of the thread...

because lots of free/cheap parts and labor and why not?
Read the thread.
and get out of my thread. please and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,648 Posts
Didn't you know you can K-swap for dirt cheap and make tons of power!

Didn't you know you can put a Chevy LS engine in and those make some good HP.

Didn't you know you can turbo your B6?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Didn't you know you can K-swap for dirt cheap and make tons of power!

Didn't you know you can put a Chevy LS engine in and those make some good HP.

Didn't you know you can turbo your B6?
i detect, and appreciate, you sarcasm.

We should hang out.

/nohomo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
What? Clearly you do not belong here...
hahaha.

please don't judge me for my heterosexual ways! i promise to keep my flamboyantly straight comments, mostly, to myself.

i mean, me and spitefulcheerio had that one time together....but it was just one time i swear!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
hahaha.

please don't judge me for my heterosexual ways! i promise to keep my flamboyantly straight comments, mostly, to myself.

i mean, me and spitefulcheerio had that one time together....but it was just one time i swear!
Are you at least a hairdresser? Then it would be fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry for the lack of updates onthis, but my work has kept me excessively busy overthe last year. But there is good news...there is a 91 model miata on its way to me for payment on another miata engine swap job. as soon as that one is torn down, I'll post updates on reassembly and head flow data after the head has been deshrouded for the 81mm bore.

Boosted34: which pistons were in yours? Was there a casting number on them?
and which HG did you use?
thinnertenor, So sorry for not seeing this, been very busy lately. Unfortunately I wasnt able to see what the casting numbers were on the pistons. The engine was already built that way when I bought it and I didn't bother to make any notes when we rebuilt it. I used a stock head gasket hence the need to machine about 1mm off of the piston crown circumference since the piston does rise above the deck at TDC. I rebuilt it again recently and now use an 80mm .040" cometic head gasket. The car has been in and out of the shop for various reasons. Now its being painted again.

·
Google me.
164 Posts
Also consider block filling on future builds of this kind. I did this for my big overbore, about 1/3 fill height as in bottom of cavity and then 1/3 up the stroke. NO issues whatsoever. Way stronger bores, even the area not supported by the fill (since less spanned distance). Next time I will go higher. Engine has reroute, and thermal coated in/ex ports, chamber, valve heads, and piston tops too. Keeps heat out of the head, air, pistons. Runs very cool, stock radiator is now very overcapacity compared to stock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My current setup:
Toyota IRTB on T3 manifold
400cc injectors
Honda pistons and rods
ACL bearings
Port and polished heads with unknown valves and stout springs
Maruha cams and camgears
Long tube thermowrapped headers
High flow oil pump
Lightened flywheel
Haltech ECU and AFR sensor.

·
Google me.
164 Posts
BTW when I made my ITB plenum mods....I bent the fuel lines you can see near the frame rail in Boosted34's picture below (lower left). Aimed them forward to gain clearance and access space. Easy to do if you are careful.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts