ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my 1.6 VLSD (1989) is on its way out (slight grinding noises, squeaks etc), and I?ve found a Torsen out of a 1.8 1993 V Spec. It will come with the half shafts, and hubs, but will I need to change the prop too? I?ve read conflicting reports, so I turn to you!

Cheers!
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did this a few months back. Yes its all bolt up swap but you need the diff, prop and driveshafts. Also as mentioned get the diff to prop bolts , nuts and washers as they are larger in the 1.8 car. The hub nut is a real odd size though (29mm) on the 1.6. Might be worth sourcing before you start or use a good meteric equivelant.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
I did this a few months back. Yes its all bolt up swap but you need the diff, prop and driveshafts. Also as mentioned get the diff to prop bolts , nuts and washers as they are larger in the 1.8 car. The hub nut is a real odd size though (29mm) on the 1.6. Might be worth sourcing before you start or use a good meteric equivelant.
Of random note... the axle nut for the 1.8 alxes (at least my single piece 2001 set) is the same as a honda civic Dseries axle nut (found this out when i had one missing and raided the bolts/nuts box). For easy part reference, 92-95 civic ex would work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts