ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is overheating like crazy. needle goes pass H.
i'm using a 1.8 thermostat housing, 1.6 one broke.
what could be causing this problem?
radiator fans don't run anymore. i want to know where i can get a hold of the diy fan wiring. the 1.8 thermostat housing gives me more room for my intake.

help me please, thanks in advance.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am guessing it's the one in the back of the block?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took out the 1.8 thermostat housing, when i drive now, a bunch of white smoke comes out and it stinks like hell. wtf is wrong now? any ideas?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
took out the 1.8 thermostat housing, when i drive now, a bunch of white smoke comes out and it stinks like hell. wtf is wrong now? any ideas?
white smoke = burning coolant. Does that "stink" smell kind of sweet?

I'm fairly new to miata motors myself, but in my experience with Hondas a good amount of white smoke means there's a headgasket issue.

Have you done a compression test yet? That's where I would start.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the 'stink' smells sweet. yeah and about that headgasket issue, in your own opinion, do you think its safe for me to drive about 5 to 6 miles, 1 1/2 miles going uphill and the rest is flatland?? my dad owns a shop and i wana bring it over there to do a compression test =\ and also, do you think its a bad waterpump too? i dont know if this helps but the tip of the muffler, it has a 'moist' black residue. what is that?! thanks Link =D now i gotta lay out cash to fix my 1.8 monster =O

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
If it's overheating, you need to NOT drive it anywhere. Have it towed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts