ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped a 1.8l in to a 91 NA which originally had the 1.6l motor. I used the 1.6ECU and installed a 4 wire O2 sensor upgrade. I also used the Spitfire coil system where the coils sit directly above the plugs. I have one problem which is plaguing the swap. The motor runs fine at all phases of operation with one exception. When you are on the throttle and then let off to shift, it has a hesitation much like an ignition failure. It only lasts for less than a second and then the motor comes back to life again. I can tell that it is ignition because I can smell the gas fumes when the motor comes back to life. In fact, sometimes, it has a mild backfire that is evidenced by a small exhaust flame at the tailpipe.

I do not know if any of you have ever encountered this. I am going to try and put back the original 1.6l coils and plug wires to see if it makes a difference. I also am using the 1.6l CAS. So I will check that also. I am did not get a 1.8l CAS with the motor. So I don't have one of those to use and compare.

Anybody got any ideas at what may be causing my problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts