ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would post this here just as a heads up for other people.

I ordered a ITB adapter for my 1.6 from them approx. six weeks ago.

I was told that I would have it in four weeks. I was fine with that.

After that time passed, I inquired on their facebook page about status. They responded with "two more weeks, we just got a head in to test fit the redesign."

Then they deleted my post.

After those two weeks were up - I sent an e-mail asking about status.

They replied it would be at least two months, and they were cancelling my order.

They could have at least offered to ship my test pipe I paid for.

I really dislike having to write a negative reviews about a well regarded small localish business but if they had been upfront - I could have had one made by now or fabbed my own. I would have been happy with the old design even.

So if you are thinking about buying from them - check stock first and if it isn't in stock - buyer beware.

·
Old Threads > New Threads
5,266 Posts
Appreciate the heads-up. We've never met but I know your character. And I know this wasn't something you were pining to post. On the contrary.

Thank you. And empty apologies...

All bad. No good.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I really like supporting small US based businesses. I think I have nearly ever product GarageStar makes for the NA Miata....

However, not even an apology from Techno Toy. Just two emails reiterating "2 months."

One said they were canceling the order, then they sent another asking if I wanted to cancel. When I replied "Yes, I am making my own manifold" they simply replied "Done."

I have a 3D file of the 1.6 Miata flange so I will get the waterjetted or CNC'd and will do the same for the ITB flanges, then order some Injector bungs and have it all tig'd together. Perhaps I will make a few of them and sell them to other 1.6 owners. Bet mine will show up when promised........

I was really looking forward to doing business with another small specialized company - but turned out they are a bit of a Turd. Funny how I have a friend who was very dissatisfied with the wait, and then the product he received from them . He has a small business and is awesome. Too bad they did him wrong - his '86 is amazing and all over the place here.

Oh well. Live and learn I suppose. I guess I will just make a test pipe too - since they didn't even offer to ship that part of the order. Maybe it was "under redesign" as well........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well that sucks!

I had nothing but good experiences with them on the two times I've ordered. Gabriel was extremely helpful and even went out of his way to machine a new set of velocity stacks to get them anodized the color I wanted instead of what was in stock at no extra charge.

Sorry you had such bad experience. Hopefully you're the exception and not the norm as there really isn't much alternative in the 4AGE ITB world for adapters.

Cheers

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
thats odd. i've done business w them on a few occasions for the more off-the-shelf Toyota suspension parts they carry. the quality of their parts has actually gone up recently, and when i contacted gabe directly regarding their strut tube exchange i had a response relatively quickly.

i'd like to hear what he has to say, it does suck when you're expanding faster than you can fill orders. i'll bring it up when i contact him for my next order. thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really didn't want to have to leave a negative review but what happened happened.

But it is what it is, and hopefully I am the "exception" in their service - but who knows. I kind of having the feeling (and I could be wrong) that there is some other reason to why it went from 4 weeks, to two weeks, to two months. Maybe they needed more people to order or something. I don't know. Seems a bit odd.

However - I have a lead on an adapter from a member here that is new - so we will see if we can work out a deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts