290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you find this?

Ive been racing R/C cars for the past 13 years so ive been in it for a while

the car is an HPI cup racer
www.hpiracing.com
and the body is a Tamiya
www.tamiyausa.com

if you google tamiya miata or tamiya eunos or something like that you should be able to find it pretty easy.

I used a bottle of mazda touch up paint and thinned it down then airbrushed the body so its the exact same montego blue.
also since my hard top was sanded down for paint, I did the same on the little car haha.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your car needs a gv lip
exactly why i left that on the little car! I need to make a mini license plate bracket and a few other things, i need different wheels on both cars.

yes my car needs a gv lip among other things... ive only had it a month I know... im getting behind.

·
Supporting Member
187 Posts
That thing is sick! Does it have a rollbar? I have this HPI Super Nitro Rs4 I bought and built when I was younger. It would be killer do make one of these but the scale of mine is larger so there are no bodies that would fit :(
This inspires me to dust it off and get it running again.
I think the mini plate would be amazing.
WPMiata

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
id like to somehow find an interior set that I could mold in and cut the top off the body.....
ill figure something out.

ive done a few other cars with full interiors now, but the problem is that the miata is a bit smaller, and most sets wont fit inside it.

·
Supporting Member
341 Posts
That is sweet

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
very cool, i have a couple Tamiya shells here that i need to paint yet. But I probably wont do anything with mine until my kids are older and we can race each other, LOL.

·
I can haz custom title!
573 Posts
Mike V is a god damn beast i remember him from my rc drift forums, he did an old mini in brg and it had a key for the ignition and luggage and ****

I looked though that whole post....REALLY!! that MOFO has NO LIFE...he does have a talent though, I have never seen any **** that detailed.

edit: but...needs moar turbo and 6UL wheels.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts