ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my 1.6L is poopin out on me so im gonna drive it till it dies im savin up because im planning on doin a 13b swap. what do you guys do for motor mounts for doin a 13b swap into a NA miata? pictures or links.
thanks!!

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I just applied for a promotion, if it goes though my rotary swap will be done in no time. $20k a year raise. :D

·
Function > Form
1,311 Posts
Mounts? Mazda used a quick-release mechanism so that when they explode you can just switch blocks like a pez dispenser.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I just applied for a promotion, if it goes though my rotary swap will be done in no time. $20k a year raise. :D
So you'll be making $20k a year? :p

OP, you'll need a plasma cutter, welder and misc metal. Viola, there's your mounts ;) not to mention all the necessary cutting and welding you'll need to do to fit the rest of the drivetrain in there :cool:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
so from the post above with the links, there is a myspace link for a silver car. if i'm not mistaken the owner is on our forum, anyone know who he is? i'd like to ask him a few questions about his build, but i need to know who he is so that i can contact him.

thanks
alex
That would be reckless abandon

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I got my FC back up on ramps today an did some looky-loos. I am very much becoming a rotary enthusiast.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I got my FC back up on ramps today an did some looky-loos. I am very much becoming a rotary enthusiast.

Is it a TII? I came from FCs before I went to Miatas. Got tired of wasting all my money on motors. 5-6 years with an FC like me and you really start to appreciate a car that starts up every time you turn the key. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it a TII? I came from FCs before I went to Miatas. Got tired of wasting all my money on motors. 5-6 years with an FC like me and you really start to appreciate a car that starts up every time you turn the key. :D
Spot on!

Im the same, I had a rotary mx5 and honestly its not worth the time, effort & cash when you could pump it into a BP engine with same results & less fking around!

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
you will need more than that....
Well obviously, but he wanted to know what was involved, I just ran a quick list of major components needed to help along with the swap :p

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
i thought the rotary in NA form was pretty reliable? as long as u keep up w/ maintenance?

Isn't that pretty standard with all cars regardless of motor?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Isn't that pretty standard with all cars regardless of motor?
No, because even the stock turbo systems suck. Plenty of OEM turbo/piston vehicles with 200k+ miles.

Throw in the N/A rotary sounds like ass and has an annoying powerband (imho). I guess I just like torque/midrange.

(p.s. i'm a 3 year RX8 owner)

·
Registered
498 Posts
No, because even the stock turbo systems suck. Plenty of OEM turbo/piston vehicles with 200k+ miles.

Throw in the N/A rotary sounds like ass and has an annoying powerband (imho). I guess I just like torque/midrange.

(p.s. i'm a 3 year RX8 owner)
An N/A rx7 is a great motor, but not in the rx8. That is just due to the weight of the rx8 alone. I drove an n/a FC for a summer and got to say yea its not the fastest thing on the planet but it still had some good get up and go. The only issue I had was the car I drove had cooling issues midday during the GA summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts