ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Many people love the 13x8 and I'm not an exception :)

From what I remember the biggest problem (for street use) is that there are not decent tires available in that size!

Of course you can use R compound tires on the street but then you'll probably destroy the paint of your car - since these are sticky tires and they pick up everything from the road...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I know what you mean. A fellow club member let me drive his Miata (see below) at an auto-x last year before he sold it to get his RX-8. It was my first ever experience on r-comps (Kumho V710) and coilovers (Bilstein PSS9) and I was totally blown away. It was so effortless compared to my car - grip was phenomenal, it handled way better than my car, and it had a better ride quality to boot!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are very small... they would never be run on the street, hence R compund 215/45/13's

The tires felt great, little unforgiving, but the reduction in overall rotational mass really complemented the gearing of the car. AKA it hauled ass!

My car was one of the fasted cars on the track yesterday, and much of it was from these tires.

I don't much care for the look either, but it truly was a performance improvement

1 - 10 of 10 Posts