14" BBS or gold DRAG DR20's...??

• 14" BBS

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide. I can get both for around $400 w/o tires, I think $370 for the DRAG's. They're knock-offs but I think they'll definitely look the part w/o spending a fortune (right now funds are semi-limited, so who cares). This is on a Mariner blue NA. If I were to get the DRAG's, I'd pick up the gold. Help vote and let me know why...:D

Help! :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
14's will be better performance, but poor tire selection.

15's in the Drag, will be heavy, look good, and a nice tire selection.

If it were me, BBS all the way, with some nice Azenis, RS2, or T1R rubber wrapped on them.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
14" tires are either really good race tires or crap-tastic economy donuts. Just be ready for that if you want to roll on the BBSes.

·
Registered
563 Posts
DR20's for the road. Wrap the stock wheels in some azenis use them for your weekend/race tires.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I'll vote neither. The 14" BBS rims are only good for people who want to do an original restoration. Otherwise they are too narrow and sunk. And the Drag DR20 is just a cheap looking knock-off with simulated bolts.

Any other choices?

·
Registered
324 Posts
How bad are they trojan? I'm thinking of something that is soft for the streets, but still has some grip. I like how my falken ziex 512 feel on my subi wagon. Soft sidewall, but it's very predictable.

I sure hated my yoko ES100 rubber, just utter crap! And they still cost quite a bit for such old rubber technology.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts