ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing 195/60/14's would be right, but what do I know.

Anyone have suggestions for the tire size and/or tire to keep the speedo reading correctly? I've seen Azenis & Advans, but thats about it.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, after searching around more, I found that the most common size is 185/60/14.

It looks like that size is run on most 14x6.5-7 wats.

I'm open to any additional input.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Personally, I'd do a 195/60 since you can get a nice Azenis RT-615 or Hankook RS2 on it. Some may recommend a lower profile Toyo T1r.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys, it looks like I'll start looking for some Azenis locally. Since you guys are in Los Angeles, do you know any places with deals?

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wheels will be team dynamics w/ spacers... everything looks right in my head.. I just hope it actually comes out that way. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine are also 14x7 +38 TDs. The 225/40/14s are Toyo T1Rs and came on the wheels when I bought them used. Don't know where they originally came from.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guys, it looks like I'll start looking for some Azenis locally. Since you guys are in Los Angeles, do you know any places with deals?
Saw this on craigslist.. never purchased from him.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/437148025.html

195/60/14 - $250 falken azenis new rt-615

5132 Walnut Grove Ave.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 698-1182
Thanks for the tip! I remembered seeing this same deal a few weeks back but couldn't remember where I saw it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
ehh...I mean I can understand if you rock em for autocrossing or something....but they just look silly with such a short tire.
I agree. I'm only 'rocking' them because they came already mounted on the used wheels I bought. As soon as they're worn down, I'll replace them with something a little more appropriately sized.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
I'm thinkin' about getting the 14x7 35mm offset Team Dynamics. How are they, those of you that have them? What's the average weight of 225 tires? Does anybody go with the 185's streched?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like them, work well with 195/60/14 azenis, but I wish I would have picked up the kook's RS2 because of rubbing issues. I don't know about the weight of 225 tires.

hope that helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts