ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
This is a long user title
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm wondering what could look a miata with +47 offset, I tried to find some exemples but can't find anything, will it look good or bad ? I don't understand a lof what offset means too... :oops:

·
Registered
31 Posts
It should look ok. 1st gen Miata's have +45mm on the stock wheels. I have 15x7 Panasports on mine with +38mm offset, so they stick our further than stock wheels, and they sit wider because they are more flush to the fenders.

The higher the (+) offset, the more the go in. The lower the offset (low +'s to -'s), the more they will stick out. Typically, negative offset wheels have deeper lip.

Here's some info when I googled this:

http://www.yokohamatire.com/utcustom.asp

http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's not a very common offset. It will look very close to what my old SSR Type X's in 15x7 +42 looked like. Pic in my Garage It's not a good pic to see how pulled in they are though. You should be able to find lots of pics of 15x6.5 +42 which will look pretty much the same, less than a 1/4 inch difference.

The elementary description of offset would be the higher the offset the closer the wheels are to the body/suspension and the lower the offset the further out they are pushed. The current trend is lower offset so they sit flush with the fender. Back in the day, it was higher offset and tucked in under the fenders. And before that it was pushed out :lol:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
if it clear the calipars and the shock body then its ok.

i'm running +45 on my stokc NB

·
This is a long user title
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sorry for the teasing, didn't mean to do that ;)

I'm currently looking for the best looking wheel for my NA BRG.

So far, I've found that one and those:
No name ?
15x6.5 +38 offset (I like euro look)

Work

15x5 +43 offset

SSR Type-C

15x5.5 +42 offset

RS Watanabe #2

15x6 +40 offset

Watanabe #3

15x6 +40 offset

◇FR用8スポークホイル/Blaze (Not sure if Watanabe)

15x6.5 +18 offset

So as I said, I'm looking for the best looking wheel for my roadster, here's a pic of it (I'm getting FM springs and maybe a front lip):

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Most of those wheels are either too narrow or have too high an offset to look good. I would recommend something ~ 15X7 +35 w/ 205/50/15.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,400 Posts
+40 wouldn't be bad (and would put some of the Watanabes on your ride). +45 is IIRC only what the stock 14" wheels are.

EDIT: The stock 15's for NA's were +45, and not until the 99+ cars did you see a +40.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Go for the gold Watanabes. Classic styling/color combo that'll never lose its appeal as years pass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts