ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a little more than expected. This particular dyno reads about 9% high. On Kraftwerks dyno it would read 158-161 so that's what I'm calling it. CA91 gas, stock cam gears.

Changes from last dyno consist of non USDM OEM Mazda "square top" manifold. AEM ECU set up for speed-density, cold side intake pipe. Picked up about 21hp from last dyno. Was almost dead even power from 7000-7500, no real gain or drop. Running about 13.2 AFR through most of the rev range. Ended up with about 32° timing on top. Stock 99 injectors.

Guessing that with E85, a bit of fiddling with adjustable cam gears, intake pipe length and our new header we could find another 15hp or so. That would put us at around 175whp.

What's fun about this little motor is that it has 100% factory Mazda internals, including the intake manifold. No race parts. Head work consists of cleaning the inch or so above the valve seats, polished chambers and .020" shave. Untouched USDM 01 junkyard bottom end. Very happy with it. Thinking this should be good for 1:42's at Laguna Seca this weekend.

Pretty sure the Whammy will make 200whp N/A on race gas.

Specs on the car here 949 Rental. If you don's see anything mentioned otherwise, it's stock.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Gee. Well, where do you think you got the most gains from? From the exhaust side? Our 99's uncork quite a bit when we open up the exhaust.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Wow, thats impressive! Tells us more about this "square top" manifold, does it still use the VICS?

Is the OGK supercharged now?

·
Hardparker Extraordinaire
3,388 Posts
Emilio, how much would headwork like that cost? Essentially I have the same exact setup....minus headwork & IM.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
I love seeing things like this. Congrats Emilio!

I'm sure the shaved head added a bit of compression, which really helps. I'll have to do one of those builds one of these days. College comes first. /sigh.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
nice! i'm jealous. are you coming out to speed ventures in las vegas?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Emilio, how much would headwork like that cost? Essentially I have the same exact setup....minus headwork & IM.
Depends on what you need and who is doing it. $1000-$1500 including standard rebuild, depending on shop. We don't offer the service though.

Wow, thats impressive! Tells us more about this "square top" manifold, does it still use the VICS?

Is the OGK supercharged now?
Every other country but US got the manifold, 01-05. I don't have much info other than that. Few threads on m.net and mt.net go into further detail. Google.

OGK is supercharged. Not finished putting it back together yet.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wouldn't you have to run much larger injectors w/ e85?
Yes, but we won't bother. I think we were around 75-80% d/c with the engine as is. This car doesn't need to make any more power to fulfill it's duty as a rental. It's already borderline too fast for just a 4 pt roll bar. Be nice to have a cage but then we couldn't drive it on the street.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's some real smooth driving in that video, hawking on that Elise and the S2K.

Nice numbers Emilio, I wish I could afford that kind of headwork. Your car's specs are my goal for my car now lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts