ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been askin all around. I did some calculations myself and figure the new tires will be pushed out about 6/10ths of an inch more than my current setup, but probably more because the edges of my current tires are pretty much toast so maybe figure 3/4" I think? It doesnt seem like much but Im about 11-1/8" high in the front and 11-5/8" high in the rear (from center of wheel to fender lip), tuckin tire in the front

My predicament is that I got a good deal on the tires so I already have them. I finally decided to just whip out the credit card and buy some brand new rims, clean up my M edition wheels and sell them to an enthusiast instead of painting them.

Brian @ GoodWin says Ill def. have rubbing issues with the +30s, +35s might work just fine and +40s would be no problem at all obviously.

If I knew this was gonna be an issue I probably might have passed on the deal on the tires and looked for 195s, but at that point I thought I was keeping my current rims.

So...you think rolling the fenders would free up enough space for the 30's? Im pretty sure by my measurements that in a straight line they wouldnt rub, but turns, bumps, speedbumps, etcc....might cause me problems.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I don't think you'll have any problems with this setup unless your suspension is slammed. Go ahead and install it, and if you have any problems they'll most likely be easy to fix.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im about 11-1/8" high in the front and 11-5/8" high in the rear (from center of wheel to fender lip), tuckin tire in the front

So...you think rolling the fenders would free up enough space for the 30's? Im pretty sure by my measurements that in a straight line they wouldnt rub, but turns, bumps, speedbumps, etcc....might cause me problems.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
damn. that car is low.

it will be close. If you have a good amount of camber and a hammer you will be fine. :p

I fit 245/45/15 hoosiers (more like a 265 street tire) on 15x7.5's with a 42mm offset by rolling the fenders with a hammer. It was close, but it fit. so your smaller tire and wider offset should be in about the same place...

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im thinkin about Icehawk's (m.net) setup, 1.5* front 2.0* rear so I hope that should be enough. Im not opposed to bustin out the old baseball bat though :) when you roll them do you actually get even more space than just the inside of the lip folding up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boogie Van,

205-50-15 on +30 wheels are no problem have that on my car with Panasports and Bridgestone re-55S tires and my car was using the Greddy lowering springs then. That setup looks really nice.

Toti

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:03 pm]damn. that car is low.

it will be close. If you have a good amount of camber and a hammer you will be fine. :p

I fit 245/45/15 hoosiers (more like a 265 street tire) on 15x7.5's with a 42mm offset by rolling the fenders with a hammer. It was close, but it fit. so your smaller tire and wider offset should be in about the same place...
ever had problems rubbing w/ the front sway bar?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
while I was doin my research, I was using the garage section on m.net to find my wheel sizes.

I was doing my math thinking my 15x6 wheels were +45, which it doesnt specifically say, but it also doesnt tell you that they are really +40.

so I ended up getting ordering +35 to be on the safe side. Then of course right after being shipped I find out the true offset.....

whatever. new rims are always exciting, and we're talking about a 5mm difference here.

I got the team dynamics pro race 1 in black.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
installed them on friday but still have to take pics, definately fill out the wheel wells nicer than the stock 15x6 +40s.

Had a little rubbing on fast or bumpy turns, but just had to bend the tabs for the fenderliners up into the fender and no more rubs while drivin around town.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts