ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well from the pix and lurking around i have figured that every example i see, this is the setup i want. 15x8 0+/- offset. now i want to know, what do i need to do inorder to have this on my NA? i have stock shocks on ground control coil overs. thanx guys! any help would be greatly appreciated. and if i'm trying to put on some rims that is too much crap show me some pics and tell me your offset. :D

·
3,857 Posts
1 inch drop on my car with 195/50 and i still get rub u need a good roll on those fenders. or flares ^_^
Yeah I guess...did you have your's rolled at least a little bit?

I tried Bill's wheels with 205 and ...there was not way to fit them :mrgreen:
It made me doubt if I can fit the (usual) 195-50-15 with my (already rolled) fenders...
One thing with the rolled fenders is that the sky is the limit...
I just did a simple roll and a little bit of pulling...
You see I didn't want to pull the fenders too much because my everyday wheels (ET35) will not flush with the fenders anymore :(

I want to try again (anyone willing to help :mrgreen: ?) 15x8 ET0 (with 195 tires this time) and if they work with my current fenders I want to get them as drift tires...

·
3,857 Posts
i have stock shocks on ground control coil overs.
Honestly that's pretty bad idea...how the car feels? It should be pretty crappy right?

You basically put stiffer springs (250ls vs 100lbs (stock) for the fronts) and you ask the from the poor shocks to handle the insane forces :roll:
If your shocks are the ones that came with your car (more than 10 years ago) I believe it's better to put the money down for new shocks...

Anyway otherwise you need to roll the fenders and try 195-50-15 or 195-45-50 (better but more expensive)
By the way lowering the car doesn't help to avoid rubbing ...but looks cool :mrgreen:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its ground control coil overs with brand new factory shocks. the owner before me had just put them on when i bought it and i didnt drive the car more than 5,000 miles. and then it just sat up.

how would you roll the fenders with a baseball bat?indulge me lol :)

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
All in favor for a sticky for all of these 15x8, 0 offset questions, say aye.

Aye.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
better yet, compile all the low offset questions into a FAQ post that can be stickied.

more importantly, I reread your post, I think thats what you meant anyways. #-o

·
OG Member
583 Posts
will 195/45/15 kumho do any better than 195/50/15???
I have 195/45-15 Kumho Ecsta SPT's and 15x8 0ET WITH rolled and slightly pulled fenders and no rubbing issues. You will need to roll your fenders though. I tried it without and had some rubbing. Do it the right way and either rent or buy a fender roller. It works great and is very easy to use if you take your time AND heat the fenders as you go.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sh1t, Im fitting these on tuesday, got the arches rolled yesterday, but he said hed have to make a bracket to hold the inner lining if he did the fronts??? Reeked of bull**** and laziness if you ask me. Are my mad to fit them? Thinking of tryin the lanny settings ie. F1.2degrees and R1.75degrees?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Rusman don't you bang up your bomex bumper daily? Only reason I don't want to lower mine for the 15x8 is that I bang my gv lip as much as it is. Every driveway and parking lot I seem to get out of is in a 45 degree slope.

·
Registered
105 Posts
AAaaagh, this poxy country, went to fit my sportmax, and this is what I get:

Phonecall no.1: These tyres 195/50 will not fit, you'll be bowling over cyclists the wheel will be sticking out so much. Itll have to be 205s
I say: not sure whether they will fit under arches but if thats what has to be done fire away.

Phonecall no.2: I cant do this job, the wheels are the wrong offset for your car
I say: I know this but they will still fit and this is the desired 'look'
Several arguments later I collect my car with nothing done.

Is it easy to get this job done in any alignment shop in the states?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
just take the tires and wheels to a shop and drop them off, dont tell them what car you are putting them on. In cases like these that will always cause problems I would think. When I was putting non stock tires on my van Tire Rack kept calling me telling me they wouldnt fit, or they didnt have the proper load rating. Next time I ordered tires I didnt tell them what car it was for.

You will also probably need more negative camber than lanny's settings. Probably even more negative camber than Icehawk's settings.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cheers boogie van. Problem is I want them to transfer the tyres on my car now to the sportmax's. Not to worry ill keep trying diff places.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts