ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if 15x8 30+mm offset will rub?

how about 15x8 35+mm offset?

car is lowered on RB springs, KYB AGX. so about 1 inch or less.

not considering rolling fenders at the moment (I want it almost flush, or just a little tucked in when looked up close. Not overdone with a big lip like a 0 offset.)

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
depends on your tire size. 205/50s would probably get a slight rub at +35.

I have 15x7/+35 and 205/50s, I was able to bend the fender liner mounting tabs on the front fender by hand to prevent the rubbing I was having while turning, no more rubs now.

If you have an aggressive alignment (-2 or -3 camber) you could probably avoid any rubbing, perhaps even if you went with +30. Dont quote me on that, your best bet is to align the car before you purchase tires, and bust out a ruler and start measuring how much room you have.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have 30 MM offset wheels, and the car is around 12.5". I had to roll the rear slightly. If I didn't, I think I would rub under full compression. This is with 225/45-15 Toyo RA1's and -1.8 camber. You might be able to pull it off with 205's and -2.5 camber. Might being the key word.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 30 MM offset wheels, and the car is around 12.5". I had to roll the rear slightly. If I didn't, I think I would rub under full compression. This is with 225/45-15 Toyo RA1's and -1.8 camber. You might be able to pull it off with 205's and -2.5 camber. Might being the key word.
is this 15x8 or 15x7?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree, it's all in what tire you run. Worst case if it rubs, miatas are very easy to make more room in the wheel well. :wink:

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Any mods to the front fenders? no rubbing, no rolling even with the 225/45's up front? btw sick ass car dude! in one of ur pix, it looks like u removed ur roll bar, what are u replacing it with?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks. :D

The front did rub, well actually pulled, once. It was during an auto-X. I had 225/45 Hoosiers on, which are wider then my Toyo's in the same size. The reason it hit was that there was a dip in the corner, the rear stepped out, so I was counter-steering with the nose completely heeled over. Just a slight pull, nothing I couldn't fix when I got back in the pits. But I haven't rubbed at all on the Toyo's and I ran those pretty hard at FM's open house.

As for the roll bar, I have no immediate plans to replace it. I took it out to save weight for Auto-X (shaved 45 lbs.). Eventually I will put something back in, but it depends on what I end up doing with the car. Been thinking of doing time trials the summer after this upcoming one. If I don't, then I will probably get the dual hoop style.

Which wheels did you get/are you getting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts