ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some months ago I bought a set of 15x8 et0 and was not satisfied at all! I want something more aggressive ! Mean looking !! I rock the Megan ez coilovers , now the thing is I have a set of 225/50/r15 sitting in my garage brand new and Im thinking of using it with 15x9 that I pretend to buy they are 0 offset! Is 50 sidewall too big? I want to run flares autokonexion, but not sure if tires/wheels will be wide enough to fill all of It ! just can't find anywhere !! A picture that it would show me how it would look! Please opinions guys !!! I need to order my rims ! The ones I want to order are these http://m.ebay.com/itm/121401668679?nav=SEARCH!
Is there much difference between 225/45 hankooks rs3 to my falkens 225/50 ?? Besides the price ?? Not performance wise but looks! Don't want anything lower than 225 Because stretched tires gave me horrible ride for months !!

Those are my spare 15x7 on the car with my 225/50 on the rear ! I sold my 15x8 et0 with 195/45 last night ! This is how the car is sitting right now till I get my set up

I want something like this guys

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,147 Posts
1) Edit button, use it. :lol:

2) 225/50 is too tall for a Miata. You need 225/45, but getting RS3s for looks is one of the dumber things i've heard in awhile.

3) There's a "Fitment thread." You should check it out. Answers all of your questions with a minimum of effort on your part.

4) #SWAG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang so much hate , when I mean not performance whise is because I don't have a turbo kit or supercharger ... My intake headers and exaust won't do much.. I want to start with exterior appearance! I want a track stance ... Why so much hate? I'm learning and researching a lot ... So the 50' sidewall is really that much of a difference? Even with flares?

·
Administrator
15,147 Posts
Consider what diameter tire the Miata came with from factory. Then compare that number to a 225/50-15. Then realize that you just used the word "stance" and that legit track cars run pretty low. Think about what clearance issues you might run into.

Go from there.

There's no hate. You're just asking questions that are VERY easily found if you're "researching a lot," because they've been hashed out about.... 1,862,923 times. (At last count. This thread makes 1,862,924.)

Also: I'm lol'ing at Cheerio's sig quote in this thread. :lol:

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
OP where are you from?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If you want track stance then you want 15x9 +36ET with 225/45R15s and just a roll of the fenders.

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
I am not sure why you think flares would make the way-too-tall-tires fit better. They allow room for more width, not height.

Get the wheels you posted, put 225/45/15's on it, and roll around on R-comp's with 106 horsepower. If you pull your fenders enough, you actually won't even need flares.

I personally think it's dumb, but no hate from me. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have 225/50/15 on a 15x9 +0 and you will have to trim a bit of the fender and bumper support so it doesn't rub. Other than that, no issues.

·
I have poop issues.
1,588 Posts

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
This thread....reminds me of the good 'ole CR days.

OP- you need to go down to a 205/50-15 for the 15x9. This will stretch the sidewalks for the extra wide look without having to put modifications to car for actual race spec setup wheels.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts