ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive been doing some research on goign with a 16x8 et20 set of wheels for my 01 miata. I think ive got everything figured out but want to make sure before i buy these.

Im looking at a set of rota grid v wheels.

will these fit with a big brake kit with out spacers?

what would be the widest tire I could run with nothing more than a fender roll?
I thinking that a set of 215/45/16 would fit with just a roll, but is it possible to fit a 225/45/16 without doing a pull, or running camber. I was thinking as its a NB It may be doable.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
This should help with regards to tire fitment:

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=521249&postcount=391

In short: If your fenders are rolled flat, you can run as wide as 215/40-16. If you don't need to use spacers you can probably do 225's if you add a lot of camber. But that will not be ideal for performance.

I'm not sure how the Grid V compares to the Grid Offroad with regards to caliper clearance.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I think what i'll do then is go with a 215. I woudl like to still ahve splash gards and its my understanding that rolling flat results in having to remove those. I may be wrong about that. though.

now as far as running stock brakes I shoudl have no issues with brake clearance right? it will only be when i go to the bigger brakes?

btw, thanks for not just pointing me at a thread that i had already read a million times. some people have a hard time here understanding that reading a thread thats outdated and has 400+ post in is not always the best thing to rely on for making a purchase of 1500 dollars.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also guys, what color would you recomend? i have a c/f trunk and hood and crystal blue is the color of my car.

I was debateing between white, or bronze. Im not sure how the flat gunmetal, or hyper black would look with my body color.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its your car........you pick. Jesus
well i would if i had actually seen these wheels on a crystal blue car. it would suck to make a 1K purchase though w/o having some input from others whom may have actually seen a set of these wheels on a crystal blue miata.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also wondering compaired to a 215/40 how would a 205/45 fit. I can get nothing but crappy tires in my area in the 215/40 size but have some good options in the 205/45 size.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i saw them online, just was hopeing to find a place with the wheels and tires so i can get them mounted by the place i order them from. I have no vehicles big enough to carry 4 tires and wheels. So far ive seen no vendors who will mount the tires.

·
··
4,227 Posts
Here's my advice in your situation:
•Buy tires from www.discounttiredirect.com (All sizes and brands, best prices I can ever find) Free shipping right now, too
•Buy wheels online or maybe your local shop can order them
•Borrow a buddy's truck and pay for mounting and balance.
^ Twice I've done this and both times ended up cheaper than buying local.

! I've never seen anyone have trouble with stock brakes with that sized wheel
! I'd go with 215/40s. Check the very first page of the fitment thread and look at that black NB1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts