ClubRoadster.net banner

18 inch wheels

7K views 72 replies 37 participants last post by  mx5 2nr 
#1 ·
Ok guys, is there anyone on here running 18 inch wheels on their NA. If you could can you post some pics. It would be great if you could tell the size of the wheel, offset, tire size and if the car has been lowered or is stock height I know there are people out there that like the look of the lower profile tire. I appreciate any responses.

#3 ·
lol I actually like the look of the 16 inch wheels that I have seen in the fitment section but no one says whether the car is stock hight or lowered. I am 6'4" so i dont really want to lower the car anymore than it is now. but I like the look of the wheels filling the wheel openings.

#4 ·
Donk Da Donk Donk Donk!

#7 ·
You honestly would be pushing it a tad bit to far with the 18's on the Miata. It is a non-friendly VIP car if that is what you are trying to go for :fp:. 16 & 17's should be the max you should have on there and It's hard enough to make some 16 & 17 wheels look and fit on there already.

#11 ·
18's sound pretty dumb to me...my cars on 17's and its ride quality is still ****.

im no expert but i would stay in the 13-16" range diameter wise

#20 ·
I had a nightmare about that guy in ur sig once.... I know he's a good guy but he scared the crap out of meim not even lyingggg.

#14 ·
lol people on here are fuckin ridiculous....i realize im a noob. it says that next to my goddamn name. i never claimed to be a genuis...so why you hatin' on me?

#17 ·
thanks for the positive feed back ceejaayxx, I didnt relize everyone on here had their shifter stuck up their ass so far that they forgot that they used to ask the stupid questions. that is exactly the look I would like . the problem is I dont want to lower the car.

#24 ·
Rofl, that's what i was thinking. I'm guessing the OP doesn't care about handling or performance, and will be hard parking it most of the time... I went from stock 14" to 15x9, and even then the acceleration was noticibly slower.. couldn't imagine 18". :hello kitty:

#22 ·
Honestly your not really going to get the kind of look you see on all of these badass miatas without lowering it. Its all about your stance.... the longer you have the car though and keep seeing what you want out of it you will probly grow more fond of droppin it.

but anyways here is my nb with 18's the guy put on it before me... blehhh

and then after i slammed it... and put some daisys on for now..

#26 ·
He might just want the gansta look, is his car he can do it. I saw a Neon with 22'' or 24'' chrome wheels around my neighborhood. Some people like that ****. Dirty south style, I dig it...

...Not

#28 ·
OP. You do not even need this forum to get the answers to the stupid questions you are asking. It is so painfully obvious you didn't even try to do any type of research. Go on google, type in your questions, and READ!

If your gonna ask stupid ass questions then expect stupid ass answers.

#29 ·
Honestly this is my first import build. I have always built mustangs or camaros before this. I am just trying to find out what works with these cars and what doesn't. I have been searching. But you can only look at pictures of everybody doing the same thing before you have questions. As for the guys complaining about it being a stupid question. Remember you chose to read the post and post an answer. So don't get mad if someone asks a question you don't like. Thanks to the guys who are actually helping other miata owners.

#30 ·
Welcome to the site mathew_howe. It is good you are not too bothered by people giving you a hard time. That is to be expected being a newb. I had my fair share of bad replies to my first questions here. Just so much info to go through.

But if you stay a while, you will see most people here are cool and a lot know what that are talking about.

If you don't want to lower the car, I would say stick with stock wheels. Stock ride height and aftermarket wheels looks kinda funny IMO.

If you do end up getting something. I really suggest 15-16".

I have the stock 17" for my MSM and it makes it look like a clown car.

Good luck with your car. Many happy miles!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.