ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my N/A hardtop 1990 its factory blue. it has very small scratches which can be wet sanded down, also ontop there`s 3 pin sized holes where the paints chipped all these were before i bought it them, but overall no water gets inside, and has no paint faded. I claybar and wax every 3 weeks and wash my car every other week by hand.

I live in Dekalb Il can meet you half way since its on the car.

I`m asking $1000 and sorry i can`t ship.

I am willing to trade for a street bike.

P.S the dots on the rear are reflections from the light above.

·
Registered
489 Posts
According to M.net, Classic Red hardtops were the only option in 1990. Are you sure this is a 1990 model or sure it isn't a repaint? Just thought I'd pass the information along... Who knows, maybe M.net is wrong (but I read it somewhere else too).

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
yeah, $1500 is too much...but good luck with the sale though

·
Registered
487 Posts
According to M.net, Classic Red hardtops were the only option in 1990. Are you sure this is a 1990 model or sure it isn't a repaint? Just thought I'd pass the information along... Who knows, maybe M.net is wrong (but I read it somewhere else too).
You bring up a good point. From my experience working at a Mazda dealer back in 90-92, there were several times that Mazda offered "spare" hardtops to dealers at ridiculously low prices (~$300); they blew out a bunch of BRG HT's in 92. Dealers would paint to match when customers wanted a car with a HT.

SOoooo, it's possible the car came with a HT from the dealer, but not from Mazda. A call to Mazda customer service could confirm whether or not the car was shipped with one. If it wasn't shipped with a HT, it was added by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The year doesn't matter and it's probably not on the original miata anymore, it's just a first gen without the defroster/headliner. As far as if it's a repaint, you'd have to check it out in person which is fine since he's not shipping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it from the original owner who said he got it that way brand new, so maybe they did paint it the factory color who knows, and yeah its without defroster and headliner. It has never seen winter little bit rain on my part i hand wash it.

I guess $1500 is too much i`ll make it $1000.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You bring up a good point. From my experience working at a Mazda dealer back in 90-92, there were several times that Mazda offered "spare" hardtops to dealers at ridiculously low prices (~$300); they blew out a bunch of BRG HT's in 92. Dealers would paint to match when customers wanted a car with a HT.

SOoooo, it's possible the car came with a HT from the dealer, but not from Mazda. A call to Mazda customer service could confirm whether or not the car was shipped with one. If it wasn't shipped with a HT, it was added by the dealer.
Good point, and quite valid. Didn't consider that at all, thanks for pointing it out. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.