ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I changed the CAS O ring last year and the leak stopped for a few weeks and it is leaking again and I would like to stop the leak. The leak is definitely from the CAS unit. Suggestions? The car has 267,000 km and is only driven sunny days in warmer weather. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Is it that the CAS unit is leaking or that there is a leak emminating from where the CAS goes into the head? If you already replaced the o ring then the next thing I would suggest would be replacing the valve cover gasket and being mindful of the places that RTV should be applied at each corner of the head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I changed the CAS O ring last year and the leak stopped for a few weeks and it is leaking again and I would like to stop the leak. The leak is definitely from the CAS unit. Suggestions? The car has 267,000 km and is only driven sunny days in warmer weather. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks Andy, I replaced the Valve cover gasket at the same time as the CAS gasket and was careful with silicone seal at the corners as recommended. If the CAS unit is leaking, is a used one from a wrecker worth trying? A new Mazda unit is about $625. Cdn. Thanks for the feedback, I'm new at this Chat thing! Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy; Thank you again for your thoughts, I wrenched my back a few days ago so limited mobility and not going to be under the car for a few days at least. I will contact you again when I can raise the car for a better look, cannot see or feel any oil under the CAS from a drive a few days ago, but still oil drips. The "CAS leak" diagnosis was from a local garage. I have no hoist and use low wooden ramps then wood blocks to raise the car for underneath service; safe but fiddly. I'm 76, so not as mobile as I used to be. Thanks again for you thoughts, It will likely be a week or two until I investigate further and update on the leak.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Andy; Thank you again for your thoughts, I wrenched my back a few days ago so limited mobility and not going to be under the car for a few days at least. I will contact you again when I can raise the car for a better look, cannot see or feel any oil under the CAS from a drive a few days ago, but still oil drips. The "CAS leak" diagnosis was from a local garage. I have no hoist and use low wooden ramps then wood blocks to raise the car for underneath service; safe but fiddly. I'm 76, so not as mobile as I used to be. Thanks again for you thoughts, It will likely be a week or two until I investigate further and update on the leak.
No need to get under the car, if you have a smartphone you can angle the phone behind the engine and snag some photos with the flash on and then post them here. Or you can record video of you moving your phone around the engine bay and post that video online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts