ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this posted in for sale section, but I guess I shoulda started here. What is this worth? Would I be better off trying to find someone to trade something for it than to sell it outright for cash?

What kind of buyer would be interested in the motor?

"A 1990 SNC. Still runs like a champ. Burns a bit of oil (1-2 quarts between oil changes depending on how much time you spend above 4k). I suspect rings. No crank wobble. Does not leak a drop anywhere (maybe the CAS O-ring). I'm swapping it out for a motor with some better internals and much lower mileage.

Will come with everything! Throttle Body, Intake manifold, CAS, Coil, etc.

Is still in my car and can be seen/heard/driven. This engine has been cared for religiously. I have a kept a maintenance log dating back to 94,000 miles. When I first had the belt done the mechanic had the valve cover off and couldn't believe how clean the head was. Always had synthetic since at 3-5k intervals. Engine has plenty of life as is or could make a nice rebuild project to prep for track/FI use."

I was thinking $300 obo.

·
Supporting Member
272 Posts
Maybe $200 obo.

For perspective, I got an 88k mile 1995 1.8 engine and trans for $500. More particular to you though, given mileage and SNC concerns, I would think that it should go for less. Good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'm debating whether I should just try and find a miata with a blown motor or missing drivetrain and pop it in and then sell that car...could net much more than just trying to sell the engine by itself. I've got a trans too..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts