ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NO LONGER FOR SALE - CAR IS GETTING PREPPED TO RUN WHEEL TO WHEEL WITH SCCA IN THE SUPER TOURING LITE CLASS.

Well, after spending a week at the Bondurant racing school, I've got the itch for wheel to wheel racing, and I'm looking to sell my current track car to purchase an already built Spec Miata. Great track toy, but it's going to take too much money to convert this car to meet the rules for Spec Miata.

I'm looking to get $6,800, fastest way to contact me is at [email protected]

Car is located in Lakeland, FL

The details:

1990 chasis w/ 161k miles - clear/clean title in hand
2000 1.8L motor w/ 73k miles (currently getting installed at Treasure Coast Miata right now)
OEM VLSD
OEM 5 speed trans
hardtop
02 sport brake conversion - Carbotech XP10/8 pads front/rear (1k miles on them) - these things BITE with the 02 sport brakes!
ton of maintenance (all fluids, filters, hoses, belts, timing belt, water pump, radiator, etc)
SPAL twin electric fans, one wired to a 195deg thermoswitch, the A/C fan is wired to a switch in the cabin
P/S and A/C have been deleted - still has a working radio though!
Koni yellow shocks with Flyin Miata springs
adjustable end-links
949Racing 6UL 15x8 wheels with Hankook RS3 (245/45R15) - 80-90% tread
SP engineering tow hooks
custom built 6 point roll cage (1.75 x .120 DOM tubing used - high quality stuff)
Miatacage steering wheel quick release
MOMO D-cut 320mm suede steering wheel
Sparco Evo2 Plus drivers seat w/ Schroth Profi-II ASM 6 point harness (mounted w/ Sparco side mounts)
Sparco Sprint V pass seat w/ RCI 5 point harness mounted to OEM sliders
and a few other things here and there that I am missing....

the car isn't perfect, the hardtop could use some touch up and TLC; it has a few chips and cracks, and the paint isnt that great (flat black). The rear bumper is a bit rough, but I've got a spare that I'll include. The metal behind the rear finish panel isn't completely straight - looks like the previous owner got bumped on track. The rear finish panel is spray painted black, as you can probably see in the picture blow. The paint is actually in decent shape everywhere else though. Oh, and the interior isnt professionally painted - I used a can of white rustoleum and a foam roller, but it actually turned out pretty decent.

Heres a video of the car at Sebring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJtRzrGvwI

Here are some pics:

·
Banned
187 Posts
You must be an engineer at Hankook to have those custom spec tires.....lol Cool car though.

·
Registered
882 Posts
They are 225. its a typo. We Have the car and are swapping the motor. This car is very nice for a track car and drives and feels great! I would Definitly recomend this car to anyone looking for a track toy, And i belive its still street legal as well. Car looks better in person.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must be an engineer at Hankook to have those custom spec tires.....lol Cool car though.
gah, sorry, meant 225. my bad!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are 225. its a typo. We Have the car and are swapping the motor. This car is very nice for a track car and drives and feels great! I would Definitly recomend this car to anyone looking for a track toy, And i belive its still street legal as well. Car looks better in person.
Whoa, cool picture of the empty engine bay!

Thanks Andrew!

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
haha looks like ur saying **** u nsx every time he gets a straight away haha glws
Pretty typical. You get into these nasty yo-yo battles with arrogant drivers lost in their M3's, 911's etc. They're too occupied waiting for the next straight to punch the go button and end up never letting Miatas by. Raising barn door lights and tailgating eventually gets their attention.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe i completely overlooked ... but where is this located? any interest in trade for a very nice motorcycle?
Sorry, forgot to add that. Located in Lakeland, FL, between Tampa and Orlando.

I'd love to, but I'd be living on it since the wife has told me no bikes, lol.

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Andrew! looking good!

·
Registered
122 Posts
sorta off topic question: how does the sparco seat fit in the car? how do you fit in the seat (waist size if you dont mind)? great car glws

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorta off topic question: how does the sparco seat fit in the car? how do you fit in the seat (waist size if you dont mind)? great car glws
The only way to get the Evo 2 to fit in the car is have the trans tunnel cut, and an "L" shaped piece of steel welded in, and you still have to trim a bit of the seat itself. I fit great, very comfy seat, not tight and not loose, I'm 6'0", 195lbs with a 37" waist.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No longer for sale. Prepping the car to run STL with SCCA. May sell later down the road.

·
Registered
185 Posts
One thing though... please change your number and car name... lol!

My '90 is called the Track Rat and the number is 174, I instruct with Chin Motorsports and I think I have seen your car out there as well. My car got the name Track Rat many years ago when we bought it, it was a retired Spec Miata (Had the '90 short-nosed crank issue) and it was sitting on the side of someone's house for over a year or so. When we drove the car away, I turned onto a main road, with my dad driving behind me, and a large rat dropped out from the bottom of the car and took off across the street.

See you at the next Chin Event?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One thing though... please change your number and car name... lol!

My '90 is called the Track Rat and the number is 174, I instruct with Chin Motorsports and I think I have seen your car out there as well. My car got the name Track Rat many years ago when we bought it, it was a retired Spec Miata (Had the '90 short-nosed crank issue) and it was sitting on the side of someone's house for over a year or so. When we drove the car away, I turned onto a main road, with my dad driving behind me, and a large rat dropped out from the bottom of the car and took off across the street.

See you at the next Chin Event?

Haha, hey man!

I met you at a Chin event at Sebring back in September or October; I was helping Mark and Maria with tech and registration that morning. I've seen your car with the sticker that says "track rat", haha. I've gotta change my numbers anyways for SCCA, and I'm sure you had them before me.

Oh, and when I first got the car, something died and rotted in the engine bay, I can't confirm a rat, but I was thinking a mouse or squirrel... lol.

I don't know how many Chin events I'll be running this year since I'm trying to focus my money on racing, but I'll still probably come down, help out and hang out with everyone. Definitely the best club out there to run with, extremely professional and safe, everyone knows what theyre doing, but they still know how to have some fun!

I'll swing by and introduce myself next time I see you down there.

·
Registered
882 Posts
No wonder... Ive been leaning in the engine bay doin something thinking what's that smell? Hahaha

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No wonder... Ive been leaning in the engine bay doin something thinking what's that smell? Hahaha
hahaha, probably shoulda given you a heads up!

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
I saw this car in person last Saturday. Hell of a deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.