ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I was thinking about selling ol' reliable, my white 1990. I'm ultimately wanting to wind up with an NB, so I gotta let my NA go first. Here's the rundown.

1990 White. 100,000 miles. Well taken care of. Runs like a champ. I'm the third owner and have all service/maintenance paperwork dating back to the original owner's receipt from the dealer back in 1990.

Interior:
-Diamond pleated door panels w/ teardrop speaker covers
-Redline center console covers
-Modified center console: shift ring, indicator lights, led lit ashtray, hazard button relocation
-Custom switchbox for fogs, hazards, popups
-My own version of the window switches
-Shift knob I made from an 8-ball
-White LED cabin lights which turn on when door is opened (two strips on the windshield, one strip under each seat)
-White LED strip trunk light
-Chrome vent rings
-Various other ditties

Stereo:
-Kicker door speakers, 6.5"
-3.5" headrest speakers
-Bass shakers in the seats powered by a small amp
-Pioneer head unit that controls/charges my 30 gig iPod

Exterior:
-Primer/satin white, saving for a real paint job lol
-JDM mad tyte Trap lip
-Vindi's ducktail spoiler
-Tinted lenses: tails, turn signals, etc
-Foglights
-Black grill
-Brand new soft top w/glass window
-Tinted windows: 20% side windows, 35% rear/triangles
-Black painted daisy wheels
-Red Rennen Metal tow hook up front on driver's side

Mechanical & suspension:
-STOCK SUSPENSION (I have Megan coilovers but I want to transfer them to the NB)
-Kumho Ecsta tires on stock wheels, 185/60/14
-Icehawk's alignment numbers (well, close to them anyways)
-New valve cover gasket (painted the VC cover too)
-Brand new OEM clutch
-Rebuilt shifter
-DIY Randall style intake
-K&N panel filter dropped into stock airbox

Pics:

Here's the bad:
-Paint job is rattlecanned. Rustoleum satin white. While it's a huge improvement over that notorious flaky OEM paint with an ugly black racing stripe (you can see the old paint in my build thread in my sig), it's still rattlecan. Looks fine however.
-Headrest speakers are a little crackly (not like you can hear them anyways). $20 for 4 Pyramid speakers so...yeah.
-Like I said, it'll be sold with the OEM suspension.
-LED license plate lights. Ricey as hell but it's one less bulb I have to worry about going out around these asshole cops in my town.
-Gauge hood has all the tabs snapped, so it's velcro-ed down. Looks and holds fine. I actually think of this as an improvement because it's so much easier to take off.
-Rear finish panel is cracked on the passenger side. Just one crack.

So guys, any suggestions on price? I was thinking 4k, but I truly don't know what it would go for.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wut?

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=55292

I think really what's going on here is just personal preference. It seems NB owners say go NB while NA ones say go NA. So I'm probably just going to stick with my NA...thanks guys.
To be of some help though, I would offer somewhere around 3-3.5k. The low miles and all the records are big plusses. While the car is 22 years old and you can't expect paint perfection, the fact it has been repainted (poorly too - read rattlecan) would make me very cautious about what might be under the paint, not to mention it ruins a lot of the low-mileage value with a poor paint job. The switches and center console modifications are things I would look at closely as well, the quality of the work done there would be vital. It could either be a really nice improvement, or a really big headache for someone wanting to go back to stock.

A couple of tips on placing an ad. I know this is just a feeler so don't take it the wrong way, but having "lol" or "close to them anyway" (the alignment numbers) will scare people away. I look at a car in a much more negative light if those mannerisms are in an ad. Like I said, I know that this isn't an ad. Just keep in mind that if someone is doing their research when you put it up for sale they will probably find this.

Good luck, I hope you're happy with whatever car you end up with!

ninja edit: I bought my '90 with about 110k on it for 2.7k for reference. the top leaked and it had a bit of rust though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wut?

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=55292

To be of some help though, I would offer somewhere around 3-3.5k. The low miles and all the records are big plusses. While the car is 22 years old and you can't expect paint perfection, the fact it has been repainted (poorly too - read rattlecan) would make me very cautious about what might be under the paint, not to mention it ruins a lot of the low-mileage value with a poor paint job. The switches and center console modifications are things I would look at closely as well, the quality of the work done there would be vital. It could either be a really nice improvement, or a really big headache for someone wanting to go back to stock.

A couple of tips on placing an ad. I know this is just a feeler so don't take it the wrong way, but having "lol" or "close to them anyway" (the alignment numbers) will scare people away. I look at a car in a much more negative light if those mannerisms are in an ad. Like I said, I know that this isn't an ad. Just keep in mind that if someone is doing their research when you put it up for sale they will probably find this.

Good luck, I hope you're happy with whatever car you end up with!

ninja edit: I bought my '90 with about 110k on it for 2.7k for reference. the top leaked and it had a bit of rust though.

Thanks man!
As for the colloquial language, I just copied and pasted the specs from my build thread, not gonna actually have them in my ad if I do post it up. And I know the paint is probably shoddy in most people's eyes, but they can be assured that I got rid of all the paint that was having adhesion problems by scraping it off with a razor blade.

I'm hoping a little more than 2k though, because the PO had it for $2,800 and I talked him to $2,400, and this is with peeling paint and a rag for a top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts