·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1991 turbo Miata in Davenport, IA 52804
$5900obo, trades also considered

Engine:

92 1.6L (bored to 1.7), 68k on rebuild by Ken Hill @ FlyinMiata, 132k total
80psi cold, 30psi hot oil pressure @ idle (5w30)
45+hot oil pressure at 3k cruising (5w30)
Wiseco Forged pistons
Balanced crankshaft
Cylinder head - Port/polish/unshrouded and cut back valves
AEM Adjustable cam gears
440 injectors with ballast resistors
Vishnu fuel rail
synthetic oil (Castrol 5w-30)
Newer water pump, plugs, and wires
225 rwhp, dynojet corrected and uncorrected (run at 800' above sea level on a fairly good day)
FlyinMiata happymeal kevlar clutch setup with lightened flywheel

Link ECU with newer chip, air temp compensation, keypad with custom long round cable, laptop serial datalog box and a Wally-on-the-fly-switch box

FlyinMiata Turbo single outlet exhaust
BossFrog straight pipe

Turbo Kit:

Older FlyinMiata FM2 kit with some upgraded bits, setup for 1.6 without power steering
Cast iron exhaust manifold with EGT port w/ 2 EGT sensors
Welded (old style) downpipe
GT28RS turbo(water and oil cooled) with ~11k miles since rebuild (rebuilt by FlyinMiata's recommended rebuilder in TX) currently setup for 12psi on can, 15psi on electronic boost control
Stainless turbo heat shield (FlyinMiata)
TurboXS BOV
Behind headlight intake with aluminum airbox
Flyin Miata boost gauge
AEM eugo wideband

Miscellaneous

FlyinMiata Race radiator with factory fans and hoses
Welded in Roll cage
15x8 xxr’s
Grant Steering wheel
Schroth harnesses
JVC Headunit with usb input
v-maxx Coilovers
NB tophats
full prothane rear bushing kit
OEM Viscous LSD
New front pads and rotors
Optima Yellow top
Drivers side naca vent window
Rolled fenders
Advanced Autosports window mounts
Hood spacer kit
Shifter rebuilt

Bad

Crease in passenger door
Driver’s door missing mirror
Rear finish panel missing
Gauge hood broken
front end is zip tied on (it can be mounted but i have it zip tied to quickly remove the front bumper)
The paint is just a home paint job, there is some chipping around the fenders

This is definitely not a pretty car, however; it is quick, reliable, and has a lot of potential. I bought this car off a guy in Milwaukee that bought the engine already built and put it into this shell. I do not have the paperwork for the motor but I’m not sure if there is some way to contact flyinmiata with serial numbers to prove that it was built there. Since I got it I’ve been steadily working on it also. It runs and drives great, it does make some creaking noises due to a little bit of slack in the nb top hats, the cage rubs a little in the back by the trunk, and I believe it needs new front sway bar endlinks. It has a little bit of rust underneath and the driver’s side rear rocker has been cut. That being said I know that the car is nowhere near perfect and if you’re looking for something pretty this car probably isn’t what you’re looking for. The asking price is $5900 obo, I am flexible on the price or I would consider trades for a good daily driver, preferably an import, no trucks or projects. If you have any questions or want more pictures feel free to ask!

Call or text at 563-449-2647

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts