ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody!!i just want to share my build thread for my 1996 montego blue miata that i just picked up for about a month,Some picture of the aka Boat!

After the purchase of the car,i change the engine oil,using mobil high mileage 5w30 oil,change the spark plug(Denso)
Some toys i picked up for the boat

Razo 340gram shift knob

Polymatrix E compound brake pads

Ocean from chikara help me removed my soft top for my miata,

The soft top is quite heavy,but after removing the soft top,my car is like off roader!!i can put 2 fist into the wheel gap!Everyone made fun of my boat!

I like to do spirit driving a lot and im worried about the car overheating,so i drop by chikara and got koyo replacement oem rad,maruha rad cap,samco hose

after a long time surfing through mx5 miata forum and clubroadster i decided to give maruha coilover a try

My dog gota take a sniff to c if the coilover is safe!

the front spring rate is 10kg and the rear is 8kg

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im going to let ocean help me install and adjust the coilover,and probably remove the rear sway bar,but i need 15' wheels n some sticky tires asap

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got my coilover installed today by ocean,at first i thot the coilover would break my back cause of the hard spring rate 10kg and 8kg,but i was wrong,ocean help me set the car 7clicks n 5 clicks and is quite comfortable for street driving,but i think it would help if i change all the bushing in the car and better tires,but for now im a happy camper!ill update more pictures once i have time

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In for pictures.

Any more words on the maruha coilovers?
hmm not much words on it,since ive been only driving it around town with stock tires and stock wheels for one night,im not a racing driver or an experienced driver(driven for only 4 years)so my feedback is not that great or useful,the only coilover i can compare it to is kw v1 with my own personal expereince,i have been driving the mini with the kw v1 coilover in my mini for almost 1 and a half year on the street and spirit drivng on mountain road,but the maruha right now the car didn't roll as much compare to my mini and is way more planted on the street,even with stock wheels and tires,my mini did have a bit of suspension goodies,Kw V1,front and rear strut bar,front camber plate,sway bar,control arm and alignment and summer tires,yes both car is very different in terms of weight and the mini is front wheel drive and the miata is rear wheel drive.but comparing the 2 coilover,im really happy with the maruha coilover already for street use,i can't wait to drive the car next day when is dry,and now i got to order new tires and wheels!!i hope that made sense or useful ;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
you bastard

I want a Montego HT

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^haha i was lucky enough,maybe one day you will be lucky enough to get yours,here are some pics of the coilover installed by ocean

thats it for today!!gota save money now!

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
I'm seeing some wheels in your immediate future.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im going to put the orange works meister on the wheel for now,because i have no money for a new set of wheel :(

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
After work,went to chikara,and found ocean to help me install the wilwood brakes,since i don't have any 15 inch wheels laying around,i gotta use my works meister from my mini and use it for now

Gotta break in the new pad and disc :(
I really need to get a new set of 15inch wheels!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
^ LOL!

despite the orange wheels... I like the stiffer 10/8 combo of the current Maruha BC Racing (has nth to do with the brand "BC Racing" again.. :p) dampers. very firm in corners but shocks are still sufficient, surprisingly, to dampen the harder rates.

Sweet for those who are gonna get it from now on. I'd like to upgrade my suspension too.. but prolly will go for sth not-so-off-the-shelf as my next set.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
is been awhile since i updated the thread,so here goes!!sorry for all the pictures at once.(sorry for the big pics and crappy photography skills)

Maruha SS27 brake pad,Brembo Disc

I really hate the oem steering wheel,so i decided to change it,i didn't like the razo shift knob,so im trying out the maruha shift knob

Since i have a recaro pole position laying around,i got the maruha seat rail,since the pole position isnt meant to fit in the miata,ocean gota custom the seat rail.

I was going to get the jackson racing header so it would fit any sc i would get in the future,but ocean insist of getting this!!

Maxim works header for 2003+
After saving up!! i bought it
After i got it i went to chikara right away to get it installed

(Rusty old header)
Since i didnt like any of the cat back exhaust out there,i got ocean to custom make one for me,since he gota custom the whole thing,he got his frd to make this flange for my exhaust

BAM!! maxim works header going in!

ocean giving his magic touch!!

is in!

Now comes the hard part,ocean gotta make everything! ocean suggested me to get the burns stainless muffler cause is ultra light

The life of the cat back begins!

1 - 20 of 182 Posts