ClubRoadster.net banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
damn you americans with mini truck availability. There are not much cars I'd love to have more than a slammed mazda truck or something alike. But they aren't expensive over here, they are virtually non existent. damn it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
damn you americans with mini truck availability. There are not much cars I'd love to have more than a slammed mazda truck or something alike. But they aren't expensive over here, they are virtually non existent. damn it.
What are your import laws like? You might be able to bring one in from somewhere else.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Importing one wouldn't be a problem, no restricting laws I know of but that's out of the budget right now. So I keep watching you doing minitruck things and dream :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Importing one wouldn't be a problem, no restricting laws I know of but that's out of the budget right now. So I keep watching you doing minitruck things and dream :D
Stay tuned, more truck content coming soon!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
With the coronavirus keeping everyone at home, I have finally found time to edit video and post on Youtube again! Here's the latest on the truck, I finally got around to installing the backup camera a few months back and I edited the video recently.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I also had to change my alternator since my previous battery decided to spew acid on it and cook it. A true shame, since that alternator had been running faithfully since 1996 (it was the original alternator). I made sure to replace it with an identical unit from Denso (OEM Toyota).
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I needed a better work space for modding and maintaining my Tacoma, Miata, and Camaro, so it was time to remodel the garage. I made good use of the free time generated by corona virus/kept myself from going nuts at home, by doing new lights, paint, and epoxy floors.

Here is part one

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Here is part 2 of my garage remodel. It consists of prep work needed before painting, such as floor etching and removal of appliances.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Here is part 3 of my garage remodel. I got the masking done and began the process of painting, touchups, mounting the attic frame, and coating the floors with 1 part epoxy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great work on your garage remodeling. I've been planning on making some improvements in my garage back when the pandemic started. I wasn't able to put my plan into action but I was able to start a different project. I tried to install new stuff on my 2018 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor since October. I was able to get new power running boards, replacement headlights and a new light bar, as well as a new set of m/t tires that I could use off-road. I can't wait to take it out for a drive but I have to plan an itinerary for that.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Back to working on the old Taco! My LCE short shifter blew out the shift bushings...again... so I got a new set of Dorman bushings from AutoZone. That felt great for a while, until it didn't... went right back to feeling like a chicken wing when you break it at the joint. I had also grown sick and tired of the one piece short shifter amplifying the transmission noise into that cabin. Talk about tinnitus inducing! To remedy this, I ordered a URD shifter that simply extends the stock 2 piece shifter and it includes a thicker shift plate (about 1/4" thicker than the LCE one) so throws are even shorter. The stock shifter also helps to quiet the interior, sits the shift knob further away from the radio/closer to the steering wheel, and doesn't tend to blow out shift bushings. For now, I am using a new set of Dorman bushings, but I have some Delrin ones coming from Marlin Crawler. I realized that my issue with the previous Marlin Crawler bushings was that the o-ring from the bottom of the factory shifter had remained in the shift neck. This didn't allow the new bushing to sit down far enough. The URD short shifter feels great as is with the squishy Dorman bushing, I can't wait to try it with the Marlin Crawler!
20210119_174735 by Jose, on Flickr
There are a couple of notes I would like to make about this install. One is that the extender did not slide smoothly over my factory shift ball and I had to beat the shifter into a 2x4 to get the adapter to seat.
20210119_182515 by Jose, on Flickr

The other is that this setup uses Allen head bolts and there is no way you are getting a wrench and Allen adapter in the back two bolts. This is because they sit behind the shifter cutout and the gap between the top of the bolt and the metal of the transmission tunnel is not large enough. I remedied this by turning the Allen adapter with a 1/4" flat wrench. These bolts are to be torqued to 13 lb-ft per the instructions, you should be able to apply that with your bare hands.
20210120_132027 by Jose, on Flickr
20210120_132800 by Jose, on Flickr

Final result, and yes, I need a new shift knob!
20210122_103433 by Jose, on Flickr

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Ratcheting wrenches for the win in those tight spots. I keep a set of cheaper allen wrenches to cut off when needed, lol.
This! That is exactly what I plan to do so I can deal with this kind of stuff!

221 - 240 of 241 Posts