ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have spec miata suspension but it is attached to a spec miata.. I'd entertain selling the whole car but not just the suspension off it ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's a 1.8 it may work. I am going to ask someone. PM prices for those that are interested in selling. If you could PM pics that would be nice too.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Before you actually go an purchase one of these SM kits what are you intentions? I'm assuming you aren't actually going to be racing SM otherwise you would not be on Clubroadster.

The SM kit is not considered very street friendly to most folks. So if you have intentions of tearing up the "touge" and then driving to work on Monday I'd think twice about your purchase.

If you are planning on tracking the car seriously.. for the same or a little bit more money you can buy far superior suspension.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
To be 100% honest, the spec miata suspension isn't very good. You could have a suspension that's 10x better for not much more and it'll be adjustable.
I wouldn't say it's bad. A dialed SM is not a slow machine by any means. Many a forum member's eyes on here would be opened if they experienced one driven by a skilled driver. But yes you are correct there are much better options out there that will pull dual duty in a more civilized manner as well.

However, let's not confuse the SM kit with being crummy or "not fast" because it isn't 36 way adjustable yo. It's just basic and budget minded yet still capable of being fast. Exactly what it needs to be for the SM series imo. Disposable and robust.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
for the same or a little bit more money you can buy far superior suspension.
To be 100% honest, the spec miata suspension isn't very good. You could have a suspension that's 10x better for not much more and it'll be adjustable.
That's kinda why I was wondering why this kids got a hard on for a spec miata set up. :lol:

Everything spec related is governed by a **** load of rules, and despite still being very fast for what they are, they are rather handicapped because of it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To all. I am about half way through building a Spec Car. These were not my intentions when I initially bought the car, but this is what I am doing. That is why I am on this forum. SMclassifed has nothing available in their for sale section. I'm basically just fishing for some used parts. She will be raced locally with a club that has a few Spec cars. Don't plan on touring the nation, just races local to me. Don't plan on being very competitive either as I am not going to be building the motor. Just looking for some fun wheel to wheel racing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts