ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks atxsbigwalt! I know what you mean those eyeball vents are ridiculous! I cheated though and the metal tabs on the tombstone to hold in the vents, I bent them back some so I can actually take them out by hand with a firm tug. ;) Work smarter not harder, right?

I almost forgot...I went to the doctor and found out I am "most disease" and have too much #swag BUT Ironman approves and I just put in a order for some LevRimiter twitches. :p

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Received these center cap decals yesterday from Adam aka Revlimiter for weather testing, so they aren't a production item...yet. :)

They look fantastic! The above pic looks like there is a blemish but I assure it is not, its the plastic bag they are in but I just got off work from a 12 hour shift so I got to get to bed. Will put them on when I get the new center caps since the ones I currently have on the wheels already have "Roadster" decals and I want a good clean/virgin surface to put these on. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
^You're killin' me, Smalls...

Oddly, the nose and tail badges are.still.firmly in place. If you are using the same adhesive backed material.as the M2 stuff, the center caps are still on the BBS wheels from almost 2 years ago now.

The fender badges I lost was probably due to surface contamination.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Okay got my wheel caps in and after spending A LOT of time getting the black background peeled off and removing all the adhesive, applied the decals to the caps. Had to do this step because my idiotic self gave Adam the wrong size of 45mm :suicide: and it should have been 49mm and I didn't want the white background decals up against a black backing so had to remove. These ARE NOT a production item but am being used as a alpha tester for durability.

Installed on front driverside wheel:

Close-up:

Adam aka Revlimiter also wanted me to place one else where and I tried the front nose but I think it was too small and couldn't get it center and then tried the finish panel but no success there. So then I thought hum.... I could place them on the reverse light and be able to center them fairly easily and there is enough room around it for light to escape and you get this:

Close-up:

The decals on the taillights will not be permanent but Adam wanted as much exposure as possible so I obliged. :) They look neat at night when in reverse. ;)

Also, got my fenders rolled at Tuner Ready to get ready for lowering but my FCM coil overs ETA has been pushed back some more, this sucks but I know it will be worth the wait. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
Adam just replied before I did but yes its my own take on the Flyin M but the W is for Warbird, the name/theme of my car. I thought it was a clever but subtle way to be unique without standing out like a sore thumb. :icon_cheers:

It's a "Flyin' W".

One of them is also installed in my strawberry garden. :)
This is Adam's subtle way of telling me he thinks its fruity. ;) I kid! It's a little known fact the the Flyin W has long been used to scare off rodents and winged vermins a like from the strawberry patch... XD Okay that's not true either...I will stop talking now. :suicide:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Darn skippy Todd, because Warbird!! ;)

Received my GarageStar Type 1 license plate relocation bracket from....Garage Star today. ;) Ordered Wednesday and received today(2 days) so really fast to ship, thanks! The cheap eBay one I have works but was a pain to put on and kind of rigged and the hardware was mild steel, so upgrade!!!

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
It's an upside down Circle-M. It was Chad's idea.

I believe Flyin' Miata uses the same logo on their Westfield kit.
Wow I now feel like an idiot! I honestly did not realize Flyin Miata used it, that just proves there are no original ideas under the sun. :( :suicide:

Thanks for the compliment callmesam! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
04-14-14: Installed my Ryoku Rob Type 2 tow hooks and GarageStar Type 1 license plate bracket:

Stock front tow hook(need 14mm(3 bolts) open ended wrench to remove):

Ryoku Rob Type 2 front tow hook(need 17mm open ended to install):

Stock rear tow hook(need a 12mm(2 nuts) and 14mm(2 nuts) socket to remove):

Ryoku Rob Type 2 rear tow hook(need 13mm socket to install):

GarageStar Type 1 license plate bracket installed(need 17mm open ended wrenches to install):

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
I work nights so I got to take a couple (poor quality)pictures of the lunar eclipse @ approx. 0230 AM CST before the camera died, enjoy! :icon_cheers:

Edit: After seeing Adam's pictures I couldn't bare to keep the ones I took but still wanted to share some pictures since it was such an amazing sight, so let Revlimiter do justice to nature. :icon_cheers:

About 300 miles of driving. Staying up all night. Shivering. Dodging elk.

So worth it.
To see more amazing pictures, see Revlimiter's thread:
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/89-roadster-projects/18571-sharka-build-57.html

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
thanks, i was passed out last night and wouldn't have seen any of these if there weren't 1000 pics of it

81 - 100 of 859 Posts