ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Category: Import

I have a 1999 Mazda Miata LS for sale, in USA - New Mexico.

Mileage: 120000 miles

Asking price is $3200 OBO

She's nearly complete and I have decided to back out of the original plans of building this one. At this point I don't really care if i build it or buy it, it's a choice I am making to get into a fast miata for less money and time.

It's an LS, tan leather interior, Bose cd system, AC, PS, PW, lightweight aluminum hood (lighter than CF hoods), PL, Alarm (no remote), no rips or tears in top, rear defroster/glass, Nardi sport steering wheel, factory aero kit

Salvage title, it ducked under possibly a truck and only had the upper passenger corner damaged. Airbags deployed. Everything has been replaced but the airbags. I'm selling for $3,200 as either a great track projectt (will come with 1st gen wheels with track slicks) or a fun daily. Cosmetically it's not perfect but heck it's $3,200.

I paid the insurance auction $2,750 for it, then spent a lot of time and money gathering parts like the light hood, fender, bumper, upper radiator support, windshield, 2001 headlights, tax and title.

Runs and drives perfect with no issues.

Does not come with the wheels pictured. Again there is no frame damage or even a scratch on the lower suspension components.

just thought i'd get this out there now as I know some of you may already be considering how to spend that tax return.

With these brand new wheels and new 225 R-S3 tires $4000 firm. Excuse the blurry pictures - my phone won't focus.

I have the original bumper with fogs and lip but it needs some work.

Needs a good carwash.

I guess I am stuck with the car if I have to lose more than I already am at $3200. I will drive a fair distance if buyer pays for gas, lodging (if any) and a one way flight home.

I WILL DO $2,900 WITHOUT THE APPEARANCE PACKAGE STUFF =)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll get an updated picture soon. The miata is all put together besides a few little things. I take it up and down my residential street and it drives smooth / straight. It will be on the road once i get it registered.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get home tonight from work and it will be too dark for pictures. I'll try to snap some in the morning. Mileage is 120,000

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Why would it be worth any more than salvage now? It's not like it's a fixer that will ever be worth more than 50-60% of book value, and you're already at that with $2700.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would it be worth any more than salvage now? It's not like it's a fixer that will ever be worth more than 50-60% of book value, and you're already at that with $2700.
Personally I have nothing against "salvaged" vehicles. And last summer an NB1 (without factory lip/fogs) salvaged sold for $5500 locally. Miata's don't go for dirt cheap around here.

I mean $3,200 is not too much to ask for an NB daily. AC, heater, PS, PW, PL, glass rear, fixed projector lights, no problems or tears with top, BOSE

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
i have no issue with a salvaged titled car either. i think 3k is roughly close maybe a little lower depending on condition.

seams reasonable to me. i mean i would buy it if i were in the market.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have no issue with a salvaged titled car either. i think 3k is roughly close maybe a little lower depending on condition.

seams reasonable to me. i mean i would buy it if i were in the market.
I found a pristine NB i want to buy then maybe do LS1 swap. I'm willing to work to like $2,900 for the car without any appearance package stuff to keep for my next NB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts