1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those that haven't followed the build here is a comprehensive spec:

Blue UK Mk2 1.8 S manual MX5 for sale.

6 months TAX and 12 months MOT.

The car has just over 155K on the clock and pulls superbly.

It has never missed a beat during the two years that I've owned it. I have looked after it mechanically having done oil and filter changes every 5K miles replacing it with Castrol Magnatec each time. I have also done other regular maintenance, checks anf fluid changes ect in the 20K miles I've owned it to keep it on top form.

It flew through both the MOT's without any issues.

The spec as it stands is as follows:

Exterior:

Hard top with fully working heated rear screen.

Washer jets moved to skuttle panel and holes in bonnet welded up and smoothed,

Front and rear bumpers de-badged and reflectors smoothed,

3rd brake light welded up and smoothed,

Filler flap and aerial welded up and smoothed (custom aluminium filler neck with pressure tight screw cap located inside boot),

Wing mirrors replaced with Sebring Mach 1's with convex lenses,

Stone chip level dropped to bottom of door and seams on sill smoothed,

Custom made aluminium bracket made to take US /Jap sized offset number plate,

De-tangoed headlights with silvered bulbs fitted,

Satin finish paint including door, bonnet and boot shuts and underside of boot lid (very similar to the mk1 colour mariner blue)

I have also replaced the rear section of both sills and treated the rust on the rear arches (both common issues with these cars) and will not be good for years to come.

Chassis:

BC BR series Coilovers,

All suspension bushed replaced with Powerflex polyurethane bushes,

Rose joint adjustable length ARB drop links,

Flying Miata Ultimate 4 wheel big brake kit with Willwood forged aluminium 4 piston callipers, Willwood aluminium bells and semi floating vented rotas (11") up front and power groove solid grooved disks with Flying Miata aluminium spacer bracket for the standard rear callipers at the back,

Flying Miata stainless steel braided brake lines all round,

Willwood bias adjustable valve (front to back),

ABS (factory fitted),

De powered steering (looped lines),

5 speed manual,

LSD (factory standard on this model),

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 size: 16" x 7" et 35 with 205 45 Kumo KU39 tires fitted just before Christmas (unfortunately the wheels had some kerbing when I bought them),

I replaced all the handbrake cables (genuine Mazda items) and rear callipers (reconditioned items) recently as they were showing their age and letting the car down.

Interior:

Black cloth interior,

Electric windows,

Central locking,

Mountney deep dish rally steering wheel and Momo boss,

Horn relocated to push button on dash,

Kenwood CD Radio with 3.5mm AUX jack and iPod/iPhone/USB connectivity (works with iPhone 4s),

All carpets removed (these are in mint condition and can be included in the sale),

Soft top with glass rear screen removed (has some small rips but still keeps water out and can be included in the sale).

There are a couple of marks on the door cars and a small tear in hard top lining and the corner of the driver's seat but the seats haven't loast any shape or support and the faults are purly cosmetic.

Gear stick gator, boots and gear stick bushes replaced with genuine Mazda parts.

Engine:

Custom rear section of exhaust made from 2" mandrel bent steel exhaust tube with 12" straight through racing silencer.

Custom induction kit made with Samco silicon hose and Piper Cross performance filter.

Rocker cover painted anthracite grey,

Carbon canister deleted,

Power steering pump and reservoir removed.

This is a UK 1.8 S model so has higher compression than the MK1's, solid lifters, a better flowing head, variable length inlet plenum, 140bhp and LSD as standard.

I have absolutely loved driving and working on this car and will really miss it when it's gone though feel it's time for a change.

This is mechanically sound though cosmetically scruffy car which I have spent well over £4K to get to this spec which really enhances the great handling and fun driving experience these cars are all about. There is a bit of surface rust in the engine bay
(see photos) but apart from that the body and underneath is all in top order.

I have driven it nearly every day for the 2 years I've owned it and it's started first time every time, never over heated, never had any issues and never let me down!

I am looking for £2900 ono.

Viewings welcome, evenings and weekends in LE9 Leicestershire. Test drives only if you can present proof that you are insured to drive it though I will be happy to take any potential buyers out for a spin.

I work during the week so please call me on 07846953466 after 5-30 or leave a message/txt during the day or message me on here either way I'll get back to you ASAP.

Sam.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow, such a great color, that's not the 10ae, what did they call that color over in the UK? GLWS, nice mods and a great price, don't you wish you could find such a pretty NB for less than $4000, with a hardtop and those prorace Team Dynamic wheels ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts