ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I sold my problematic NA back in summer 2013, I've been dying to get another Miata. I got a good amount of $$$ saved up, but wasn't sure what I wanted. I was watching this 1999 NB on CL in my area for a while, so I decided to check it out.

It had a dented passenger front fender, ugly carbon vinyl "racing stripes", and a lil surface rust along the driver side of the car from sitting from a while. 174k miles... not the worst I've seen. I'm the 3rd owner of this car. Bought it for $2.4k. The seller was moving back to the Philippines and needed it gone asap. He wanted $2.9k but I talked him down $500. Overall, besides the fender & rust, it was pretty clean. Nice and stock. Pioneer deck. Clean trunk & engine bay. No Leaks ANYWHERE! Not the best interior, but that's all going to be replaced anyway. I'd say it was a nice find for the price

The car has power windows, power steering, A/C, power antenna, & leather seats (PCP package? Torsen maybe? :haiguyths: )
Like I said, the car sat for a while & when the previous owner went to finally start it, it wouldn't turn over. He had it towed to a mechanic that replaced a **** load of parts, so much of the maintenance has already been finished.

Now I'm just trying to get it looking decent. I immediately picked up a passenger fender from Static 9 Garage, and got rid of the stripes. I just finished sanding down the rust & spraying some generic metallic silver paint/ clear coat over it to prevent further corrosion. I can't wait to get this thing painted lol

My plan for it is just a nice street, and AutoX project. Maybe some light trackage. This time around, I have another DD, so I can take my time with this car & do it right.

Anyway, enough talk. Here are some pics!

After I started removing the stripes

Rear before rice removal

Interior... Can't really see the tears in the drivers seat, but that's ok

Clean Bay!

Relatively new glass softtop

Picture of said rust

Picture of the bad fender

After stripe removal and paint

New fender. Ti Grey from the MSMs lol

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the nb club!
Thanks. I admit, I do miss the pop-ups, but I'm loving this thing already.
YAY for solid lifters!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
518 Posts
As Snake said Welcome to da NB Crub. Also buy another NA so you can have both gens, like me =D.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As Snake said Welcome to da NB Crub. Also buy another NA so you can have both gens, like me =D.
Just one is good enough for me. I'm just glad I have another DD haha

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the seats out and cleaned the interior today. Also figured that I should repaint the wheels for the time being. I found my broadway mirror & some lug nuts from my old Miata & threw em on. I just ordered a weighted shift knob & a shorty antenna, so I cant wait to get those in.

·
See You Next Tuesday!
2,188 Posts
One word for you.

Plastidip!
:haiguyths:

Seriously though. Welcome back to Miata-ownership.
Let's plan some sort of celebratory drive or something on a Sunday.

We can ro-sham-bo for who gets horribleR as a passenger.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah Jpatrick, thanks haha. We should definitely go drive ! You get Horrible lol. And thanks Erick. It's so much nicer than my na's interior

1 - 20 of 87 Posts