ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we did it, we finally fabbed up my 2.5" turbo back. The downpipe is what has become known as teh Tony Pipe, a dude who makes these up and sells them. He'll do whatever you want in terms of customized pieces, for a price. I got the standard mild steel downpipe to cat. My friend Ted plumbed in the bung for hte O2 sensor and welded a bung for my EGT where Tony put the O2 sensor bung and then fabbed up the rest. I held stuff and got really dirty under the car. Still missing the last 90 degree turn from the muffler and I'm trying to find an exhaust tip I like, but after that it's done!

It sounds really deep and throbby, like a fatty V-6 or a little V-8. Comes on boost at 2500 rpm and full boost at about 3K and even with the boost controller on the low setting it's about as fast as my WRX.

On the downside, when I punish the throttle my clutch slips. Guess what my next mod is?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I think with my old, crap tires I would've been okay. I upgraded to 15X7 Konig Rewinds and Falken 512's last Fall. That's up from the no name bike tires that were on my Daisy wheels which broke free whenever I pegged the throttle, yeah, they were that crappy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts