ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now this is probably gonna sound like some random m.net guy posting, and I might get killed in here. but I can't help but think:

a nice NA has the potential of becoming a real classic car, just like an MG B, Fiat 124, Alfa Romeo Spider,...
Instead it seems like lots of NAs fall prey to 16 year old kids with bottom dollar, that have spent too much time watching "Fast&Furious" and playing Need4Speed. slamming it down to the floor until you have 45° of camber, rolling the fenders with some shitty piece of pipe and a hammer, getting the biggest spoiler available, cutting louvers into an immaculate hood with a hack saw, putting in a turbo that makes the engine blow up after half a year and finish it up with a roll bar and bucket seats.

20 years from now those kids will be like "OMG what was I thinking..? I bought a classy car, converted it into a shitty ricer and still failed at getting pussy."

Don't get me wrong: There are some nice NAs in here. but there's a fine line between nice and rice, and most of these kids miss that line by miles.
please, get your NB or Civic or Scion and beat the sh!t out of it, drift 'til your axles break or you grow pubic hair, but please leave the NA to those who actually appreciate what they got.

anyone thinking alike?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Crap you are probably right, after ClubRoadster gets a hold of the 215,364 NA's produced in the USA and wrecks them we will be forced to import them from "Austria" to molest them, LOL :p

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
There are enough NA's to go around. Relax.
This. It's not like there's any shortage of Miatas.....especially first gens.

Now if some idiot were were to slam/camber out one of the rarer models.....say a lava orange MSM for example.....now that would just be silly XD

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Similar situation with EF/DA generation Hondas. Most of them have been modified or crashed and there probably won't be many clean, well taken care of, and stock ones around in 20 years. Hell, there aren't many around now. That said, the people who do modify their cars enjoy them in their modified state and that's all that really matters.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,355 Posts
Its just a car... who cares? If you want to be one of those guys who buys a brand new car for $25k, drives it less than 500mi/year, then sells it 40-50 years later for $20k, go for it... but to me, that seems like a shitty fucking "investment."

Buy a car.
Drive the car.
Enjoy the car.
Sell the car.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts