ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, my 2000 NB with 57K miles just started doing this;this morning. Basically when I accelerate from a stand still I hear this "pressure cooker/scraping" sound. Its as if something is binding but the car doesnt feel gritty/being held back in anyway/feels smooth. It sounds as if its coming from the front driver's side fender/wheel area. Not sure what it is but its discerning because at slow/parking lot speeds its pretty audible and sounds unpleasant. Im sure the sound is still here in speeds of 20 mph+ but I just cant hear it due to the wind noise. Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? I checked under the car/removed the front wheels for anything out of the norm and I saw nothing. Im pretty stumped on this and worst comes to worst I will have to take her to my mechanic for a diagnosis. Help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe a wheel bearing going bad? Your car lowered at all? My car used to rub on the fender liner sometimes when I would go over a bump.

Either way, GL with the search and hope you're able to diagnose it.
Thanks for the input, car is on stock suspension. Hmmm I thought about the wheel bearing but wouldnt that be a really loud screeching noise? Ill take the car to the shop tomorrow, the noise is driving me nuts.

·
Supporting Member
280 Posts
its kinda hard to tell you anything. best thing is to jack it up LOOK next SPIN the wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts