ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang,

I have decided it is time to let my uber rare 2001 JDM MS Roadster wing go. I searched long and hard to find this wing back when I had my Miata. IT looked awesome on my silver "Big Gulp", But she is long gone to another home. So, time to recoup a little bit of my cash I have in this.

I have only ever heard of 2 others of these in the US. And when I asked Tetsuya Garage to locate one for me, it took him 11 months to locate one. By that time I already had this one though. Just to give you an idea how rare these actually are....

So I am asking $1200 for it.

Here are a couple pics...

And it has three levels of adjust-ability!!!

This is a bad pic, but this is it on big gulp...

I can get better pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. As far as I know it was only on the 2001 MS Roadster and only sold in Japan. Came in Blue Red and Black I think. I am somewhat flexible on the price. Just checked my records, I have less in this than I originally thought.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I get back in town tomorrow, I will take it out of the box and snap some pics.
But you will have to use your imagination as I do not currently have a Miata.

For now..
Just a google pic of a 2001 MS Roadster... But you get the idea..

I swore I would never part with it.. But I have more need of the funds atm than the wing :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ah... I miss my old office. Your call now, but it would be nice if you passed it on to someone else for about the price I sold it to you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah... I miss my old office. Your call now, but it would be nice if you passed it on to someone else for about the price I sold it to you.
Ohhhh ouch! ;)

I will take less than I am asking. But I took a beating on that car, just trying to get close to even.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well I am still stuck out of town on work. I will get some pics posted soon.
As for the price, like I said, I am a little flexible, but I happen to know these have sold for even more than I am asking.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Ive never seen one for sale here, so i dont know and doubt itd sell for over 1k, if that. But hell i could be wrong. Been wrong before. If i were to offer, i would honestly offer $700 max, with shipping included. Buts thats just me. There might be some other guys out there willing to pay more, and even pay your asking price or more than that. But with this economy, i highly doubt it. And when tax season comes up, it might he sold then. If not, then that shows your price is entirely too high. Its a buyer market nowadays, not a sellers. So people either take losses or just keep what theyve got.

But it is an awesome wing, not going to deny that. You just have to wait for the right buyer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well, it won't hurt your case for others to know that this spoiler isn't just some beat up JDM garage sale piece that found its way to US, but it came from Mazda HQ in Japan to Mazda USA as an accessory evaluation piece. That first photo is a view that you'll get if you were standing in middle of 4th floor at Mazda USA building in Irvine, looking over the cubes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very true and thanks for that.

I apologize for the late response, but work happens.. and has had me out of town for several days. I am headed back home this afternoon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Im located im Cyprus, every car is imported from Japan but hell this took me 2 years to find it for me!!! Uber rare , but you could lower a little the price;)

Thats mine for a reference! Piece of OEM art!
Glws.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am actually considering keeping it. I know I will get another Miata one day... I have been torn with selling it for a while, as it just collects dust in the garage... But I like it and it is hard to find.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
This piece would look awesome with one of the lowered Garage 100 trunk lids (the kind that doesnt have a duckbill curve on it)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts