Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

I have a mishimoto rad and garage star cooling plate ready to install. That will be the next thing on the "to do list".

There's another trackday in September, and by then I hope to have fitted carbotech pads and a new silencer too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know mats are about a simple a change as one could make, but dang do those look nice! Very clean car so far. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So today I set myself to change the steering wheel.

I got a momo 78 (monte carlo) in suede and a Daikei Hub from Japan!

This hub is an amazing piece of kit, not only does it look brilliant in the car it als comes with everything to make your task as easy as it can be, including the airbag defeat system.

before:

removing the airbag was quite nerverwrecking, I kept imagining the thing blowing up on my face during removal. I disconnected the battery of course, left the lights "on" and waited 30 minutes before removing it

hub in place with the horn wire sticking out. I love the cosmetic plastic cover, just makes everything look OEM

Job done! Love how the wheel sits in my hands, the rim is actually thinner than the one on the airbagged Nardi one.

This is no tutorial, but if anyone is intersted revlimiter's tutorial is brilliant and I wouldn't have been able to do it without it: http://revlimiter.net/blog/2013/11/nb-steering-wheel-install/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had another trackday last month, this tim at the International Circuit of Portimão, in the South of Portugal. It's an amazing track which many F1 teams and brands chose to display and test their cars.

here's some pictures:

and a really bad on board:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a hard dog m2 roll bar costs in Europe 800 Euros, which equates to 1000 USD (give or take a few bucks).

I want one bad, but I need "time"... :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Best pictures ever man!

You really like getting that thing sideways, nice job. Now get a roll bar in that thing before you grind off your noggin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today I test fitted an Elise seat. Great looking seat for our car in my opinion, it even looks OEM. But...my legs are to long and I kept hitting the steering wheel while doing heel and toe. Plus I was still sitting too high (this might be due to the brackets and rails on this particular seat). The driving position is a bit better though. However, due to my awkward body this won't be an option. I will try a Recaro PP which I think might suit my needs a bit better!

Here's a photo just for reference:

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
The only thing I got out of this is I can't understand all these englishes!!! :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts