ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this windblocker from Miata Jim. The price was right, but it took a few tries before I was able to get it to fit and still keep the cockpit brace.
first try, I tried to flip the brace, but that netted a loss of 3 inches of seat travel, yeah noooo.

next I tried driving for a week without the brace, and the wicked shimmy drove me nuts.

So yesterday, sean mcsean came over to cheer on my bose-ectomy and deconstructed the blocker, and all I had to do was flip the brackets.

While I had everything out, I pulled the rear shelf. I picked up one that was precut for 8" subs, but not quite the right spacing for my 6x9s. hopefully tomorrow i can do some creative placements.

...I also cleaned the rain drains, 1 just had leaves, the other had fuses.:p time to get a parts/junk bag for the shelf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I picked up this windblocker from Miata Jim. The price was right, but it took a few tries before I was able to get it to fit and still keep the cockpit brace.
first try, I tried to flip the brace, but that netted a loss of 3 inches of seat travel, yeah noooo.

next I tried driving for a week without the brace, and the wicked shimmy drove me nuts.

So yesterday, sean mcsean came over to cheer on my bose-ectomy and deconstructed the blocker, and all I had to do was flip the brackets.

While I had everything out, I pulled the rear shelf. I picked up one that was precut for 8" subs, but not quite the right spacing for my 6x9s. hopefully tomorrow i can do some creative placements.

...I also cleaned the rain drains, 1 just had leaves, the other had fuses.:p time to get a parts/junk bag for the shelf
Looks good, how do those speakers sound?

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
they sure don't sound like much. If you put your ear on them you can definitely hear something coming from them, but driving around they do nothing at all.

oh hey slowpro, it's Chris/kansei! How's your Miata treating you?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the Bose Speakers, all of my research suggested that if I don't have a complete Bose set up, then it's not worth it. The soldering joints looked terrible. I'm working on molding in some 6x9s in the rear deck instead.

CHRIS!! long time no see!! nice to see you got a roadster, a Mazdaspeed noless! how'd you end up in Arizona? Did you sell your wagon?

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
I graduated and decided I needed to escape the cold once and for all :). I sold the Protege5 in April, it pretty much needed a new engine (head work + spun rod bearing).

Good thing you pulled the Bose speakers. Did you rip the amp out of the windblocker as well? They're crappy mono speakers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sad to see the wagon go. we traded ours in, wife wanted something cute with awd, so she's rolling in an 06 Suzuki areo SX that we had on the lot. nothing fancy about it. only good thing is that is has a 4x100 bolt pattern, so I can wheel-whore between both cars.

yeah, bose= no thanks. I do like having a wind blocker. I'm working on a layout for some 6x9s, i want to mold in into the package shelf between the seats and upright. space is very tight, so this will test my abilities for fit and finish.

glad to see you made it out of new england. I'll search your profile for pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts