ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my dad's girl got fed up with the front lip on her 2010 Ford Escape and had me take it off for her. I got to looking at it and thought "I can make this fit on my Miata, might not look good, but it's worth a try". I trimmed the top of it all off to make it flat, got it fitted on with 1/4th Home Depot bolts/nuts then cut the ends off. Looks pretty good if you ask me. That morning, I never in a million years would have thought I'd be fitting my dad's girl's Ford Escape's lip on my Miata

·
Registered
410 Posts
as we say in australia, 'just like ya bought one' (gotta add in real stereotype australian accent)

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
+1 on the idea

+1 on the price

-1 on the fact it's a fancy HD lip

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the love from most of you. HD lip? Home Depot? If anything, I think it looks like a more recessed version of an autokonexion lip, but that may be wishful thinking:whistle:. The tapered ends were my choice, I've always liked that style and was in the market for a lip with that incorporated, but I couldn't find one. Its not perfect but I actually like it better then the gv replica ebay lip I was probably going to buy. I saved $130 and had allot of fun doing it, plus NO ONE else has a lip like mine:woolery:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
haters gonna hate... Looks good IMO, good job. Now you need a scoop for that big 'ol filter. Something to hide it a bit, plus a scoop will be functional.

·
who moved my Pinto?
587 Posts
pretty sure that i designed that lip

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
pretty sure that i designed that lip
i hope you didnt design the ford focus interior

the part in front of the sunroof with the sunglass holder and homelink is assembled like ****. that is the #1 reason i didnt buy a focus. shitty build quality. Bought a toyota corolla instead

1 - 14 of 14 Posts