ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess it's not too early to discuss a Spring meet since the previous meets took months to organize.

So what's the current status of your Miata? Been winter driving? Just gotta plug the battery in and its good? In pieces?

I'm hoping my car will be ready by April 1st - that's the target. Can't wait to drive it again...it's been a long winter

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
pieces, but going back together soon enough

I might wait a bit, this winter's been... strange

·
Administrator
817 Posts
Where do you usually hold the meets?

I should be able to make it out to it. If my car is ready.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're fairly flexible with meet location. We all love to drive, don't we?

We could always meet in Oakville for Dave's open house, eat some free food, then cruise somewhere - Scarb? RH? Markham? That gives the option to people to come out from different ends of the city or go everywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do besides the typical coffee meet? Photoshoot locations? Food suggestions (car meet friendly only)? Cruise roads (slam friendly only)?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be down with that! It's a nice drive out there for anyone who just wants to spectate too

·
Registered
146 Posts
Would love to be ready and come out for Apr 1st... still a lot left to do though. Car is completely apart right now and still in the middle of fabricating a boat load of new parts for this season.

I would suggest a meet at the hurontario (hwy 10) and mayfield rd tim hortons.

15 min north on hwy-10 and you're at forks of the credit rd for a nice cruise.

Done this with a few diff car clubs, good meet location (right off the 410) with plenty of parking, and the cruise through the country into forks rd is always a lot of fun with a big group.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Not sure if im pulling my NC out that early, and if i do, i don't even know if i will have anything done to it cept the rollbar.

I will come in the beater at least

·
Registered
170 Posts
Keeping an eye out in case this ends up at TMP and time permits... I've never been in all these years!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder how many people will be ready to go by beginning of April. Do people prefer Friday evening session or a weekend daytime session? I'm happy with either, but I wouldn't want to set a firm date until the time gets closer due to it being rain season.

Anyone have timing equipment they could bring? I would love to see how my times have changed with my setup change.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wonder how many people will be ready to go by beginning of April. Do people prefer Friday evening session or a weekend daytime session? I'm happy with either, but I wouldn't want to set a firm date until the time gets closer due to it being rain season.

Anyone have timing equipment they could bring? I would love to see how my times have changed with my setup change.
Prefer Friday evening due to cheaper $$$ lol..

·
Registered
472 Posts
I haven't been on a long weekend, does it get busy?

My car is 'ready' as I have been too lazy to put my new motor in...or anything else for that matter :whistle:

·
Supporting Member
356 Posts
In pieces. I always wait for the salt to be washed off the roads so that means about April 20th or so for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts