ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SuperMiata and Speed Ventures present the 2012 Miata Challenge Time Trial series

Miata Challenge is a simple and fun Time Trial series held exclusively at Speed Ventures events. Any Miata can participate. There are four classes for different levels of modifications. See the rules page for more details. Standard HPDE safety equipment is all that is required; 4 pt roll bar on 90-05, Snell SA2005 or newer approved helmet and basic tech inspection.

Rules & schedule posted at http://supermiata.com/miata-challenge/miata-challenge-rules/

1 JANUARY 29 (Sun) BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY RACE #13 CW REGISTER
2 FEB 11 (Sat) STREETS OF WILLOW SPRINGS TBD REGISTER
3 MARCH 25 (Sun) CHUCKWALLA VALLEY RACEWAY REGISTER
4 MAY 12 (Sat) STREETS OF WILLOW SPRINGS REGISTER
JUNE 2 (Sat) WILLOW SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY REGISTER
6 JUNE 30 (Sat) MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA REGISTER
SEPT 22 (Sat) BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY TBD REGISTER
NOV 18 (Sun) AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY FULL COURSE “ROVAL” REGISTER

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Enjoyed reading the rules.

"Excessive rice +1 point"

Does this mean we are doomed as a forum? Haha

Only thing I thought odd, a built turbo miata engine is 1.5 more points than a LSX swap? An LSX iron block would be less then by 3.5 points, thats a lot. Interesting...

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Good to see this back in action Emilio. My car now sits in mod class. Gon' get my butt handed to me. :(
If you think about it carefully, that's actually one of the ideal cars for the "new" Mod class. A battle between street cars with race tires or lightly-built HPDE cars.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Enjoyed reading the rules.

"Excessive rice +1 point"

Does this mean we are doomed as a forum? Haha

Only thing I thought odd, a built turbo miata engine is 1.5 more points than a LSX swap? An LSX iron block would be less then by 3.5 points, thats a lot. Interesting...
I think Emilio forgot to put that turbo/supercharger Miatas have external and internal engine mod points exempt, at least from past rule's descriptions. I'll double check.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
I think Emilio forgot to put that turbo/supercharger Miatas have external and internal engine mod points exempt, at least from past rule's descriptions. I'll double check.
From the "Engine" section of the definitions/supplemental portion of the rules further down the page. Here:

Engine Swaps & Forced Induction

All classes: Non Miata engine conversions include points for, internal, external, header, exhaust, subframe. Forced induction Miata engine includes points for ECU, header, exhaust, internal, external mods.

·
Registered
229 Posts
quick question
my NA miata has fender flares, if I take them off ( but fenders were cut)
does it still count for the ""Any non-OEM lightweight body panels (including hard top under 20 lbs including window): +0.25 per panel""
So if my fenders were cut , if i take the fender flares off, does it still count as points?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quick question
my NA miata has fender flares, if I take them off ( but fenders were cut)
does it still count for the ""Any non-OEM lightweight body panels (including hard top under 20 lbs including window): +0.25 per panel""
So if my fenders were cut , if i take the fender flares off, does it still count as points?
Thanks
Yup.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the thing. I'm going to have to jump on some race tires to be competitive. I recently traded my 8's for 9" 6ul's with old ass RS2's.
No one wins any class on crappy tires. Even in street you need 3rd gen Azenis, RS3, Star Spec, et.al. to run at the front.

·
Registered
229 Posts
So there is not luck for me... bought the car like that ... with fenders cut

RS3 = 4
15x8 = 1
Coilovers+ sways =2
Cold air Intake = 0.5
Torsen =1
fenders =0.25x4 =1

total =9.5 ...
I wanna meet the Street class, which is 9 or lower points
FML....i guess the only thing i can do is the install back my stock intake? :cry2:

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
So there is not luck for me... bought the car like that ... with fenders cut

RS3 = 4
15x8 = 1
Coilovers+ sways =2
Cold air Intake = 0.5
Torsen =1
fenders =0.25x4 =1

total =9.5 ...
FML....i guess the only thing i can do is the install back my stock intake? :cry2:
Add safety and you can get your 0.5 points back. Just install:

One piece metal or composite driver seat and current SFI or FIA approved 5 or 6 pt harness and charged fire extinguisher installed: -0.5

·
Registered
229 Posts
Add safety and you can get your 0.5 points back. Just install:
I have Zeta Sport bucket
4 point harness

So may be i can just add the
FIA approved 5 or 6 pt harness and charged fire extinguisher

then i will not need to worry about taking out parts...

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
can I mount the "fire extinguisher " on my Weld 4 point roll bar ?
or do i have to mount it on the floor of the passenger side ?

and this kind works ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Car-Boat-RV-Truck-Fire-EXTINGUISHER-Light-Weight-W-Mount-Red-x1-/260918995774?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Miata&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbffbeb3e#ht_500wt_715

Thanks !
Either way can work. Just make sure it won't come loose while driving. Smart way to mount it is in a place that is easily and quickly accessible by you in the driver seat and a course worker from the outside in case of fire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sonny,are you gonna run street class this event? Fung and me both just bought an NB ,and we both gonna run in street class.

Sky

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Sonny,
Is there anyway we can find out or can you post the best lap tops of each class from last year?
BTW, Happy new year :)
Thanks
Philip

1 - 20 of 72 Posts