ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Hey Guys,

Got some track fun planned for the new season ahead!

Mark your calendars, Good Win will be jointly hosting these events, offering GIFT CERTIFICATES to the winners and other fun. Here is the outline of dates and rules so far. Trying to keep it fun and simple!

2012 Miata Competition
Presented by Good Win Racing & Extreme Speed Track Events

Competition Dates: Best 7 out of 9 events
1. Saturday, January 14th @ Streets Willow
2. Saturday, February 18th @ Horse Thief Mile
3. Saturday, March 24th @ Big Willow
4. Sunday, April 15th @ Streets of Willow
5. Saturday, June 2nd @ Buttonwillow
6. Sunday, July 29th @ Streets of Willow
7. Sunday, August 19th @ Buttonwillow
8. Saturday, November 24th @ Streets of Willow
9. Saturday, December 15th @ Streets of Willow

Goodwin and XS will both be awarding the winners with gift certificates and trophies
1st - $60
2nd - $30
3rd - $10

SIMPLE...Championship Point System:
1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd – 6
4th – 4
5th – 3
6th – 2
7th – 1
8th – 0
9th – 0
10th – 0

Street Class: (NA/NB = 6 of the 7 mods allowed (NB2 5/7 mods, NC miata 4/7 mods)
• 140 UTQG Tires (141+ UTQG tires are not part of the list)
• Header
• Exhaust
• Intake
• Coilovers/ Springs
• Sway Bars F/R
• Torsen/ Clutch type differential

Modified Class: (8 of the 9 mods allowed)
• 100 UTQG Tires
• Header
• Exhaust
• Intake/ ITB's
• Coilovers/ Springs
• Sway Bars F/R

• Motor swap to later 1.8's (01 and above models add this mod)
• ECU

Forced Induction Miatas in Modified Class: (6 of the 9 mods allowed)
• 140 UTQG Tires
• Testpipe/ Hi-flow Cat
• Exhaust
• Coilovers/ Springs
• Sway Bars F/R
• Torsen/ Clutch type differential
• Motor swap to later 1.8's (01 and above models add this mod)
• ECU
• Engine internals

Unlimited Class:
1. Unlimited!!

General Rules:
• All competitors must rent timing through ExtremeSpeedTrackEvents.
• All Miatas must have a 4-point roll bar installed prior to getting on the racetrack.
• Cooling and brake related mods are allowed in all classes.
• Aero and weight is unrestricted in Mod and Unlimited. Street class must retain weight/aero close to OEM . (For example: no wings, gutted interiors, chopped windshield.. Gutted door is ok, but gutted door and dash is not ok. Splitter is ok, but splitter and wing is not ok.)

Make sure you guys visit on FaceBook:
Extreme Speed at www.facebook.com/extremespeedtrackevent
Good Win Racing at www.facebook.com/GoodwinRacing

Edited on 7/26/12

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
So this is time attack?

After bedheadben's wreck at Willow on video, I am not sure how safe running no rollbar and only a hardtop would be.

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
This is dope. And I get to sneak into street class. Will need to keep this in mind and hope I can get free from school to make a few events.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
If you have a hardtop then a roll bar is not required.
^ You're asking for trouble.

So this is time attack?

After bedheadben's wreck at Willow on video, I am not sure how safe running no rollbar and only a hardtop would be.
My thinking as well. Hardtop is not a substitute for a rollbar in any situation.

On a positive note, I'd be interested in making it down for the June event assuming this takes off. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Meh, it's a copy of the Speedventures/949 Racing Miata Challenge with sketchy saftey regs and vague rules.
who cares? its doesnt hurt to have another competition rolling around. nor does it mean you have to run it, use their skitchy safety regulations, or vague rules.

dont like? :fab:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Would it also be divided based on Beginner, intermediate, and advance? My car is turboed but I never been on the track. I don't want to be getting in the way of everybody.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
who cares? its doesnt hurt to have another competition rolling around. nor does it mean you have to run it, use their skitchy safety regulations, or vague rules.

dont like? :fab:
you should.

you want to run a track event without proper safety, go ahead.

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
Too much streets. Not enough real tracks.

And damn, If i wanted to be in street class I gotta put my OEM intake back on.

And Domo, a street class miata should be doing 1:31 or so I think.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Too much streets. Not enough real tracks.

And damn, If i wanted to be in street class I gotta put my OEM intake back on.

And Domo, a street class miata should be doing 1:31 or so I think.
1 : 31 at Streets?? Isn't Miata Challege at low 1: 32 in Street Class? I think Sonny did 1: 30 when he put on NT01s on 9s. Last I checked, it was really low 1: 32s. Modified should get under 1: 30.

I think this is more friendly to a larger crowd of ppl (good/bad). Staying more local and from what I can tell ExtremeSpeed is much more affordable than SpeedVentures.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
horribleR
So, weight modifications are not allowed? or do they just not count?
For now weight mods are not part of the rules.

Bob Loblaw
Who can I send an email to clear up some questions I have about classes?
Me ;)

kung fu jesus
So this is time attack?
Thats a rule that XS has had since the beginning.. I just restated it since people ask me. I can talk to XS and maybe change it but thats not up to me. Speaking of this (educate me please) why do s2k's track without roll bars and miatas aren't allowed?. (FYI: I have a roll bar and wouldn't track without one..)

domkouki
very nice. this is the type of stuff i like to see !

so wahts a good time for a street class miata at streets?
Thanks! We just want to add a little more excited to our already exciting time at the track :mrgreen:. Well idk what a good time is but my little brother does 1.31.7 CW he has a stockish 95.. only mods are suspension, wheels and street tires.

kung fu jesus
Meh, it's a copy of the Speedventures/949 Racing Miata Challenge with sketchy saftey regs and vague rules.
I didn't know any other miata competition besides sv miata challenge is a copy. :|

x8mrxjohn8x
Would it also be divided based on Beginner, intermediate, and advance? My car is turboed but I never been on the track. I don't want to be getting in the way of everybody.
There are beginner, intermediate and advance groups to run in but the competition is just Street Class, Mod Class and Unlimited. You can just come out, have fun and see how you stack up against the rest XD

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Please don't misunderstand me. I am no stranger to HPDEs or instructing. I love to see enthusiasts off the streets and on the track. I get a little nervous about HPDEs that aren't safe. These are dangerous enough and I tell anyone considering them that they have to be prepared to walk away from their car as a total loss or worse if they wreck. I have witnessed this more than once. Running a safe event is particularly important to me, so forgive me if I seem skeptical. That said, I am glad to see another alternative for the community. I would probably serve the community better if I just kept quiet, but I don't want to read about anyone getting hurt.

As for S2Ks, I do not remember the particulars of the stucture of the OEM hoops in the rear bulkhead of those cars. I do know the forward windshield hoop is far stronger than the Miata, which tends to fold easily in a rollover.

·
4,296 Posts
SV Miata Challenge had
street class at 1;30.2
mod at 1;28.? and lower
unlimited at 1;24.? and lower

sv doesnt have alot of the same guys ,but the xtreme speed event is a good starter for you guys

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I honestly have not run streets in about two years. I remember I ran 1: 36 going CCW on 195/60/14 ziex and blown konis on RB springs.
SV Miata Challenge had
street class at 1;30.2
mod at 1;28.? and lower

sv doesnt have alot of the same guys ,but the xtreme speed event is a good starter for you guys
got damn i knew i was slow but i didn't know i was that slow. i last got 1.36.5 CW on 205 ZE912s. :(

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
SV Miata Challenge had
street class at 1;30.2
mod at 1;28.? and lower

SV/949 Racing Miata Challenge at SOW
Street 1:29
Mod 1:25
Unltd 1:19

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please don't misunderstand me. I am no stranger to HPDEs or instructing. I love to see enthusiasts off the streets and on the track. I get a little nervous about HPDEs that aren't safe. These are dangerous enough and I tell anyone considering them that they have to be prepared to walk away from their car as a total loss or worse if they wreck. I have witnessed this more than once. Running a safe event is particularly important to me, so forgive me if I seem skeptical. That said, I am glad to see another alternative for the community. I would probably serve the community better if I just kept quiet, but I don't want to read about anyone getting hurt.

As for S2Ks, I do not remember the particulars of the stucture of the OEM hoops in the rear bulkhead of those cars. I do know the forward windshield hoop is far stronger than the Miata, which tends to fold easily in a rollover.
• All Miatas must have a roll bar installed prior to getting on the racetrack.

I edited the rules... Sorry guys this was a misunderstanding between me and the owner of XS :fp:. A roll bar is required. Now everyone can track safely ;)

949Racing
SV/949 Racing Miata Challenge at SOW
Street 1:29
Mod 1:25
Unltd 1:19
Damn

1 - 20 of 417 Posts