ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's in official announcement and thread for the 2012 Miatoberfest Miata Meet and More hosted by 5X Racing and being held in during the NASA Florida race weekend on October 6-7th!

Having helped organize and create the concept of a Miata meet at Sebring Raceway last year, when I heard that there wasn't going to be a Miata meet at Sebring this year, I was disappointed to say the least. SO, I had a unique opportunity to make this happen again this year, and my company is happy to host this event for Miata fans that are interested in a cool place to meet up, and are interested in getting their Miata's out on the track or auto-x event via NASA.

So, we have just really concreted this within the last couple of days, but I wanted to get it out here and published so that anyone interested can book mark the dates and make plans.

Here's the details as of now and what this 2-day event will hold:

Saturday October 6th:
-Miata Meet within Sebring International Raceway
-Prize raffles and giveaways
-5X Racing hosted after party (for those hard core enough to stay until after the races)
-NASA FL Hyperdrive opportunities for $75 (more info later)
-NASA FL HPDE/Time Trial opportunities (pricing and registration info later)
-Auto-X event (more info here: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=56517

Sunday October 7th:
-NASA FL Hyperdrive opportunities for $75 (more info later)
-NASA FL HPDE/Time Trial opportunities (pricing and registration info later)
-Auto-X event (more info here: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=56517

The main day for the meet is going to be on Saturday, from around 10am-whenever. Wheel to wheel racing and HPDE/Track day events are going to be going on all weekend with NASA FL in the background. Our team will be participating in the wheel to wheel racing with our Spec Miata race cars, and 13Thumper is going to be running the actual meet-up and activities within. My team is more than happy to throw an after party after the races end with food and drink and whatever else we can offer in a party.

This is a pretty open opportunity for us, we have a really great venue to hold this at and a really generous and open host in NASA Florida. Please let us know if there is something that you'd like to see in this meet and we'll look into including it. We're working on securing sponsors and participants to provide prizes for us or donations so we can have some nice giveaways like shirts and stickers. 5X Racing is going to try to provide as much as possible, but help from anybody will be even better so we can add to whatever we can offer.

And, we can always use volunteer help from people that are interested in making this meet a bigger and better thing. So, if you're looking to get involved, please let me or Thumper know so we can include you in the planning process.

Alright! Let's see what we can cook up with this and if we can get a bunch of Miata's out at Sebring in October! It's a great picture spot and if you like road racing, a great opportunity to get up close and personal with Sebring Raceway and the cars competing. Hey, and if you're brave enough, you can even get out on the track yourself in your Miata! (more details on this to come)

Thanks and I hope you guys take advantage of this fall time meet-up opportunity!

·
Registered
882 Posts
WOO! Time to spread the word!

·
---
520 Posts
1. Joker

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
OK guys,so it's official. John and I are going to work hard to make this a beginning of what we hope to be a long run of October Miata meets to come. I am stoked to be working with John and 5x.

Lets get the word out to any Miata driver you know or just happen to run into. Lakeland saw 160 Miatas,200 would be really cool too.

You know John and I will be there. Lets start the sign up list

1) Joker
2)

·
Registered
882 Posts
1) Joker
2)Andrew6691

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
What about the Evolution Phase One class on the 6th?
No change for NASA events,if you read the post by John you will notice HPDE listed as an event as well as the NASA auto x and a hyperdrive style session.

The only thing I am not sure of is where at the track we will be setting up for the meet itself. This will be resolved in a day or two.

Now if I can only get a rollbar installed in my car by the time the meet happens life will be perfect.

·
who cares
609 Posts
Ok gang I have been asked to keep some sort of sane master list going so please keep from cross posting on the forums. This will help us prepare for the biggest Mazda gathering Fla has ever seen. I will post a master list so everyone has a good idea every so often.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^Man I want to do that sooo bad!

1) Joker
2) Andrew6691
3) JStammer
4) BigBlueFL (Ron)
5) afc2112 (arvin) - tentative...
6) sfl Miata
7) Maykelcj

·
Registered
45 Posts
1) Joker
2) Andrew6691
3) JStammer
4) BigBlueFL (Ron)
5) afc2112 (arvin) - tentative...
6) sfl Miata
7) Maykelcj
8) pass the peas

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be working on all the details of on track activities with NASA and posting them here as I am sure of them. I can't really quote official prices yet because the sign up for the NASA HPDE/Auto-x is not up yet, so I will work on getting some inside info on what the prices will be.

I know the Hyperdrives will be $75. If we have a ton of people that do it, I have to imagine that we'll get some sort of perk, whether it's a separate run group or maybe a price break. Don't quote me on this though!

I have also heard that the auto-x's will be $30 or something, and if it is the same setup as the Sebring NASA event in June, this would be the setup:

$25 mem/$30 non to run any single half day segment (i.e. Saturday afternoon test & tune or Sunday morning autocross or Sunday afternoon autocross)
or
$40mem/$50non to run the Saturday afternoon test & tune and either of the Sunday half day autocrosses
or
$40mem/$50non to run both of the Sunday half day autocrosses.

I'll do my best to find out if this is the same setup for October or not, but it will at least give everyone an idea of what the setup should be.

·
---
520 Posts
Any perks for the Hyperdrives would be awesome !

·
who cares
609 Posts
I would also like to know if we might be able to get access to the whole viewing area around the track. I was a little frustrated not being able to get to the back half of the track last year

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have also heard that the auto-x's will be $30 or something, and if it is the same setup as the Sebring NASA event in June, this would be the setup:

$25 mem/$30 non to run any single half day segment (i.e. Saturday afternoon test & tune or Sunday morning autocross or Sunday afternoon autocross)
or
$40mem/$50non to run the Saturday afternoon test & tune and either of the Sunday half day autocrosses
or
$40mem/$50non to run both of the Sunday half day autocrosses.

I'll do my best to find out if this is the same setup for October or not, but it will at least give everyone an idea of what the setup should be.

Negative. In the autocross area on Saturday is an Evolution autocross school (http://www.evoschool.com ), couple hundred bucks to register. Sunday is the regular autocross for $30ish. Details will be up & pre-reg will open in about a week, follow the links from http://www.drivenasafl.com

Thanks!

Jon Felton
Director, NASA Florida

1 - 20 of 253 Posts