ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd create a thread to see who is going to participate in what for this upcoming season. Feel free to include events for Oregon and Washington etc..

Best place to see upcoming events and to register is motorsportsreg.com

I plan on attending most of Portland BMW Club and ORPCA's track events this season.

April 28&29 Oregon PCA @ ORP
May 7 Portland BMW @ PIR
June 4 Portland BMW @ PIR
July 14 & 15 Oregon PCA @ ORP
July 31 Portland BMW @ PIR
August 23 Oregon PCA @ The Ridge Motorsports Park
August 27 Portland BMW @ PIR
September 8&9 Oregon PCA @ ORP
Oct. 14 Oregon PCA @ PIR

Last season was fantastic. ORP is well worth the drive for those of you coming from a ways out.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Unsure yet. I just got a notice saying there's one at ORP on the 28th/29th that has no one registered!

Car should be ready soonish, last parts are coming in and I should be boosting around again within a month or less. I just switched to a 12 hour job, so I only work 3 days a week, having every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off. Should be plenty of time for track days!

Might try to do that Ridge day, just for the experience. Are you driving in that one? We could share the cost of lodging if you plan on driving up the night before, as long as it has a couch ;)

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Won't be at the ORP 28/29 but for sure at May 7 BMW. Would be great to make it to the Ridge but I'll be juggling a new internship so I'm unknown for some weekday events.

I'm down to share lodging ORP in particular.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Needed this thread! The PNW HPDE schedule website is no longer being kept up. Anyone find a replacement website that has a fairly complete schedule for track days? Motorsportreg is good but not all the clubs use them for sign up.

I'm thinking about driving the ORP day on the 29th.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Needed this thread! The PNW HPDE schedule website is no longer being kept up. Anyone find a replacement website that has a fairly complete schedule for track days? Motorsportreg is good but not all the clubs use them for sign up.

I'm thinking about driving the ORP day on the 29th.
I only use msreg I guess. Definitely open to people posting up other events though. I just feel as though ORPCA and Portland BMW run the best programs in the area.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Oh good, this thread needed more cueball. This'll be your last season from Oregon, yeah? Or are you already going to be commuting from...idaho? Ohio? Time to change your profile location.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh good, this thread needed more cueball. This'll be your last season from Oregon, yeah? Or are you already going to be commuting from...idaho? Ohio? Time to change your profile location.
Now he has a legitimate excuse to trailer the car in and make it hardcore. :twisted:

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Yup. You can go 70-80 for pretty much all of I-84, depending on how brave you are. You're going to need a gas stop at Biggs Junction (junction of 84 and 97), since there's only very expensive gas at the race track ($5/gallon), and you've probably just burnt through a half tank anyways. If you're really frugal, you'll bring a 5 gallon gas can and fill it up there. Otherwise you'll most likely need a splash and dash at the track, even NA. Nial might say otherwise, but I figure 60 miles of 97 and a day of racing might require a refuel. It's been a while since I've been without a turbo though.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I leave pdx with a full tank. Top off at biggs and bring 10 gallons extra to ORP.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill be at most of the ones nial listed :)
That was just the entire schedule. I'll probably have a few conflicts in July and August but will most definitely make the ORP events minus the first April weekend.

:mrgreen: Can't wait to see the red Miata in action! I would love to get it to ORP in September.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those were a great deal. $110 and quite a bit of track time. I'm glad I gave one a go.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah definately bang for the buck! Although a bit sketchy when I went since it started to SNOW once we got there :phillyb:

BTW, I think I may have seen a video of you doing a 1:37 at PRW? If so thats some awesome driving!
It was snowing at ORP a few weeks back. :eek: And by snowing I mean accumulation on track.

1: 37 is definitely not I. I think the SM lap record there is 1:44 ish? Best I could do on my day up there was 1:48/9

1 - 20 of 61 Posts