ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’ve been putting up with a strange sporadic fault with my non sat-nav Sony head unit (2014 Fiesta) for a number of years. It resets all the sound settings (DSP, EQ etc.) randomly. Not a feed issue as I don’t lose any presets or any other settings, just the sound settings.
It’s started happening more frequently now (sounds rubbish until I redo the settings) and as I’ve decided to hold onto the car for a few more years, I was wondering what my upgrade options are? Would like to upgrade to built in sat-nav however I don’t really want to go down the second hand route with Ford GPS gubbins as I realise it’s quiet a few components and I don’t really want to replace old with old. I’ve seen a few touch screen options available however so few reviews. Also, I cannot get a definite answer on whether they are compatible with the Sony HU as all the literature seems to shown the standard Ford unit.
So, what are my options? I’ve seen some dreadful double din adaptors (look shocking) so want to avoid them. The aftermarket touch screen units I’ve seen online look like an attractive proposition but I’d like to know more about them - perhaps someone on this forum has some experience of them? I’d be very grateful to hear. Concerned that it won’t be compatible with the Sony HU and that I could lose access to the car settings such as TCS, auto mirrors, auto wipers etc.
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,691 Posts
I think there's something seriously wrong with this dumpster fire of a forum implementation. I've never seen so much spam in my life, and we have a very steady stream of what appear to be real people joining the wrong community.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I think there's something seriously wrong with this dumpster fire of a forum implementation. I've never seen so much spam in my life, and we have a very steady stream of what appear to be real people joining the wrong community.
When you give your advertisers stats on impressions and clicks there's no column for "Miata owner on miata forum".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts